COLOGNE, GERMANY — C&A Marketing, which has been marketing lines of Polaroid-branded photo accessories, used the recent Photokina here to unveil its line of Polaroid action video cameras.
The Polaroid X sports video camera series is positioned at the strong-growth point-of-view or action video camera market. It offers a waterproof design, low-light capabilities and a sleek, lightweight form factor. All are presented in valueadded bundles at affordable price points, the company said.
C&A will provide a variety of mount options standard with each model.
“Polaroid’s philosophy for the past 75 years has been about sharing life with fun and easy-to-use products,” said Polaroid-licensor (PLR IP Holdings) president Scott W. Hardy. “Our new line of high-definition sports video cameras brings this idea to a new level. Whether you are downhill skiing or surfing at your favorite beach, the cameras offer the portability, durability and versatility needed to capture and share your most memorable moments.”
C&A’s Polaroid XS high-definition sports video camera line features three model packages, each of which will be available to retail partners beginning in October. All models come equipped with bike and helmet mounts to help capture any type of action and media cables to easily share images.
The Polaroid XS7 ($70 suggested retail) camera model includes:
• a professional CMOS sensor capable of capturing 720p HD video or 5-megapixel still images;
• 2-inch full-color touchscreen display for immediate file playback; and
• a waterproof case to 32 feet. The Polaroid XS20 model ($100) adds:
• a high-capacity battery with three hours of shooting life per charge;
• waterproofing up to 65 feet;
• eight built-in LED shooting lights; and
• motion-detection sensors to initiate recording, enabling dual duty as a security cam.
The Polaroid XS100 ($200) features:
• a 5-megapixel CMOS sensor, HD video recording in 720p, 960p and 1080p formats and 3-, 5- and 16-megapixel still images;
• aerodynamic design, shock-proof exterior and distortion-free ultra wide lens, with 170-degree field of view coverage;
• adjustable frame rates for burst shooting, time lapse and fast and slow motion;
• an auto rotation G-Sensor to adjust to the best shooting configuration for the camera’s position; and
• waterproofing to 32 feet with strong lowlight performance.