Garden Grove, Calif. — Pantel said Friday it will unveil at next month’s CEDIA Expo a line of weatherproof 720p and 1080p combination LCD TV/mirrors.
The three model line includes the 20- ($1,200 suggested retail), 32- ($2,755) and 42-inch ($5,800) screen sizes, all of which are shipping now via special order. The sets are water-resistant so they can be placed outdoors or in bathrooms, showers and saunas. When in the off position, the sets’ screens convert into full-functioning mirrors.
“As customers are looking to put TVs in every room of the house, Pantel’s new mirror TV is perfect for indoor quarters where they can act both as a mirror when not in use, and a high-quality TV when turned on,” stated Joe Pantel, Surfside Concepts and Pantel CEO. “Completely weatherproof, they are perfect for certain areas outdoors. But, more specifically, they have been designed for the indoors where they can get wet with no fear of them being damaged. In a bathroom, for instance, they can be placed over a tub or within the shower. For commercial applications, they can be utilized in saunas. Basically, anywhere someone wants to relax and have the option of watching the game, music videos, whatever! Then, when not in use, it acts like a mirror for aesthetic purposes.”
Other key features of the mirror TVs include the following:
· support for S-Video, VGA, HDMI in the 20-inch model;
· support for S-Video, VGA, component video HDMI (optional) in the 32-inch model;
· support for RF, composite video, S-Video, composite audio, component video, D-Sub, PC, SCART, HDMI (optional) in the 42-inch model;
· an 800:1 contrast ratio in the 20-inch model;
· a 1,200:1 contrast ratio in the 32- and 42-inch models;
· up to 720p HD resolution in the 20- and 32-inch models;
· up to 1080p resolution in the 42-inch model;
· super-wide viewing angles;
· waterproof speakers; and
· wall mount capable.
Pantel said it will offer the TVs in customizable packages including different mounting solutions and dust cover options.