Secaucus, N.J. -
will launch Wednesday the "Panasonic Unwrap 3D Tour" -- a two-week, 14-city mall tour offering demonstrations of the company's FullHD 3D home entertainment technology.
The first leg of the Panasonic Unwrap 3D Tour will run Dec. 1-5 with interactive mall displays being presented simultaneously in seven malls in the New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and San Francisco markets.
The second leg runs Dec. 8-12 with simultaneous displays Boston, Washington, Miami, Minneapolis, Houston, Phoenix and Seattle.
The Unwrap 3D Tour will showcase key Viera 3D TV models in the company's VT25 and GT25 plasma TV series. Also showcased will be 3D Blu-ray Disc players, rechargeable 3D active-shutter eyewear, and 3D digital imaging products. including Panasonic's first consumer 3D camcorder and Lumix GH2 digital camera with an interchangeable 3D lens.
Demonstrations will include 3D clips from DirecTV's suite of linear 3D TV channels, as well as the n3D Powered by Panasonic channel, and PC-based 3D video gaming from Nvidia.
"Panasonic is a recognized leader in the development of end-to-end FullHD 3D technology," stated Shiro Kitajima, Panasonic consumer electronics president. "We created the Unwrap 3D Tour to educate consumers about all of the amazing 3D products they can bring into their home and how stunning the experience will be for them when they do. "
Visitors to the demonstrations will also be eligible to enter a sweepstakes for an ultimate Panasonic FullHD 3D Home Entertainment system, including a Panasonic Viera FullHD 3D plasma TV, 3D Blu-ray Disc home theater in a box, 3D active-shutter eyewear, 3D camcorder and Lumix GH2 camera with interchangeable 3D lens.
Week 1: Dec. 1-5
- New York Roosevelt Field -- Garden City, N.Y.
- Philadelphia King of Prussia Mall -- King of Prussia, Pa.
- Atlanta Perimeter Mall -- Atlanta
- Chicago The Shops at North Bridge -- Chicago
- Dallas Stonebriar Centre -- Frisco, Texas
- Los Angeles Topanga -- Canoga Park, Calif.
- San Francisco San Francisco Centre -- San Francisco
Week 2: Dec. 8-12
- Boston South Shore Plaza -- Braintree, Mass.
- Washington, DC Tysons Corner Center -- McLean, Va.
- Miami Miami International Mall -- Miami
- Minneapolis Mall of America -- Bloomington, Minn.
- Houston The Galleria -- Houston
- Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center -- Chandler, Ariz.
- Seattle Northgate Mall -- Seattle