SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. — Ingram Micro Consumer Electronics (IMCE) drew more than 500 to its 2014 Spring Vendor Expo which took place here, Wednesday, April 30, through Friday, May 2.
“This year’s IMCE Spring Vendor Expo is our largest event to date, and we are pleased to welcome more than 500 Ingram Micro resellers, vendors and associates,” said Tom Bamrick, VP/ general manager, Ingram Micro Consumer Electronics. “The IMCE Vendor Expo [is] the place to be for retailers, integrators and VARs who are eager to collaborate and build a smarter business that brings even greater value and expertise to their customers.”
Some of the key highlights of the 2014 IMCE Spring Vendor Expo include:
• Consumer Electronics Association Industry Forecast, presented by Chris Ely, industry analysis senior manager;
• 129 exhibitors, including vendor sponsors Samsung, Sony, Logitech, Microsoft, Philips, Panasonic, Conair, G-Tech, Pyle and Voxx;
• exhibits and demos by Hisense, Vizio AVAD, CloudBlue and several Ingram Micro units, among others;
• vertically focused pavilions for mobility, health and fitness, outdoor, and The Samsung Experience;
• 146 Ingram Micro reseller attendees from 100 reseller companies; and
• focus groups, one-on-one vendor meetings, and public sector and mobility- focused training panels.
Also for the first time in the event’s history, Ed Hecht, VP/publisher of TWICE, moderated a panel of consumer electronics industry experts, who shared their insights on key trends that are currently driving the consumer electronic industry. Panelists included Steve Panosian, visual display product marketing for Samsung Electronics; Wayne Newton, sales and business development leader for Belkin; Garry Wicka, marketing director for Dell; Craig Birmingham, retail/e-tail sales VP, Ingram Micro; Rick Beiderbeck, owner of Spencer’s TV and Appliance Stores; and Steve Baker, chief industry analyst of The NPD Group.
“IMCE provides resellers with relevant touch points, sales support and product breadth unlike any other distributor in the consumer electronics industry,” Bamrick said. “Through the IMCE Spring Vendor Expo, we are enabling our resellers to learn about the latest trends and opportunities so that they can both grow their existing business relationships and create new business opportunities.”