Las Vegas — The Home Theater Specialists of America (HTSA) announced that its theme for 2008 is “evolution” at a reception held here Jan. 6 at the Treasure Island resort during International CES.
This follows last year’s theme of “reinvention” in which the group moved to expand its focus to encompass areas like furniture, control and automation, networking, audio and lighting.
Richard Glikes, the group’s executive director, told TWICE that 2007 was a “challenging” year for the group. He said “some members are up and some members are down … It’s uneven, but up slightly overall.”
Of the five new categories on which the group focused, Glikes said, “Furniture and lighting really came through.”
This year, he said, the group will continue its focus on the luxury market and will also work to reach “architects and builders.”
Among other changes, Glikes said the group recently hired a new advertising agency that had created a new logo for the group.
Finally, the reception also provided a platform for the group to announce the winners of its annual vendor awards. The categories and their respective winners follow:
· Vendor of the Year: Integra
· Most Profitable Vendor: Speakercraft
· Most Supportive Vendor: Sharp
· Product of the Year: LG 52LBX
· Custom Product of the Year: Crestron TPMC-8X
· Man of the Year: Joe Atkins, B&W
- MARTA ‘Renews Vows’ At Member Meeting At CES - January 26, 2009
- Reflecting On Retailing In A Recession: 2008 In Review - December 15, 2008
- HP Debuts TouchSmart TX2 Notebook - December 1, 2008