Best Buy is bundling essentially free Galaxy tablets with select TV purchases as part of a week-long promotion with Samsung.
The Samsung promotion, which began Aug. 21 and ends Aug. 27, bundles a 16GB Galaxy Tab 10.1 with a 46-inch or 55-inch Samsung 1080p LED Smart 3D HDTV and 3D starter kit for $1,500 or $2,000 respectively, after discounts.
The Samsung tablet is powered by Android 3.1 Honeycomb and features a 10.1-inch HD touchscreen display, while the kit includes two pairs of act ive-shutter Bluetooth 3D glasses; 3D versions of “Shrek,” “Shrek 2” and “Shrek The Third”; and mail-in vouchers from Samsung for “Megamind” and “Shrek Forever After” in 3D.
The promotion is the latest in Best Buy’s six-point “Perfect Match Promise” of:
• the largest in-store selection of big-screen TVs;
• a 60-day price drop guarantee;
• a 30-day satisfaction guarantee with free pick-up for returns;
• three-year interest-free financing on home-theater purchases of $899 and more;
• free delivery on TVs $899 and more; and
• knowledgeable and “passionate” sales assistance.