Thousands of Nationwide Marketing Group members, vendors, service providers and staff from across the country are gathering in New Orleans, Louisiana, this weekend to take part in the 55th PrimeTime semi-annual conference and trade show, the industry’s largest networking opportunity for independent retailers and vendors in North America. This show’s theme is “Connect for Success,” with every aspect of PrimeTime is designed to help attendees do just that.
“PrimeTime is one of my favorite events because it brings our members, vendor partners and employees together for four action-packed days of networking and business development,” said Tom Hickman, Nationwide’s president and chief member advocate in a statement. “From our Nationwide Learning Academy sessions and signature give-back effort to relationship building with fellow retailers and millions in cash-back reimbursed right on the show floor, this is the premier event for independent retailers looking to drive business success.”
“Despite challenges such as tariff issues, trade wars, price increases and channel disruption, our members continue to grow sales, gain market share and expand operations,” Hickman added. “But there’s still more potential out there. During these four days, we’ll be drilling down to help members find the tools they need to identify and capitalize on those opportunities.”
Some of the show’s highlights include:
- Nearly 225,000 square feet of trade show exhibition space featuring 200 manufacturers and service providers. Nationwide will also welcome more than 20 new vendors across the appliance, consumer electronics, furniture, bedding, outdoor and member service categories, including Flexsteel Industries, Klipsch and Comdata business-to-business payment solutions.
- A first look at Nationwide Connected Home, the first connected home division dedicated exclusively to the independent retailer. Nationwide will also unveil its own connected tiny home, which attendees can walk through to experience this growing product category for themselves.
- The launch of the all new FlashTags software, which makes it easier than ever to power electronic price tags. In an ever-more-volatile market, FlashTags makes tags change instantly and automatically as retailers’ websites – or other conditions they choose – adjust. Retailers buy the tags, but the FlashTag software is a totally free extension of WebFronts.
- A sneak peek at WebFronts Go, an exciting new development coming soon from RWS that will let salespeople complete in-store sales in minutes by scanning the product’s digital tag and the customer’s credit card.
- The premier of AT&T TV – PrimeTime attendees will be the first in the nation to see this exciting new streaming service in action.
- PrimeTime Palooza, a fast-paced, high-energy, 90-minute event featuring limited-quantity deals that can save members thousands of dollars on show purchases.
- CenterStage @ PrimeTime featuring interviews with Nationwide staff and members, conversations with key vendor partner executives, and 10-15-minute spark sessions to jumpstart great ideas and business innovation.
- More than 120 hours of world-class educational programming through the Nationwide Learning Academy.
- A 60-minute meal-packing challenge to nourish local children in need in partnership with No Child Hungry.
- The inaugural meeting of WIN: Women in Nationwide, a new group dedicated to supporting the development of female business leaders across the independent channel.
Additionally, AT&T will hold its first ever AT&T Certified Champion training in New Orleans in conjunction with this weekend’s PrimeTime event. The two-day, all-inclusive bootcamp is available only to Nationwide Marketing Group members and will give front-line salespeople all the training and tools they need to launch successful AT&T programs in their home stores.
“Thanks to AT&T and DSI Systems, we are able to bring 100 independent retailers from across the country to New Orleans for this exclusive training opportunity,” said Lee McDonald, director of business development for Nationwide Marketing Group in a statement. “No matter what product lines they’re currently selling, this bootcamp will help our members future-proof their showrooms by showcasing the value of a connected home – for appliances, electronics, bedding and even furniture. And, of course, help them join the growing group of Nationwide members who are able to exclusively offer AT&T cell phones, wireless plans, fiber, broadband, DirecTV, wearables and more to their customers.”
See also: Sharp To Unveil Its First-Ever Complete Kitchen Suite At Primetime Show