New York - Iomega has taken the dual format DVD burner to the next level with the introduction last week of two Super DVD tri-format drive at the CeBit America show, here. The Super DVD drive can burn to the DVD plus, dash and RAM formats, eliminating any customer confusion, and the drive comes with Iomega software that tells the end user what type of media to use for a specific task, said Rick Giannini, Iomega's product manager. This is done through a wizard that pops up when the drive is selected. A series of tasks are listed and when one is chosen a window opens recommending that either R or RW dash, plus or RAM media be used. The drive can also burn CDs. The internal version Super Drive will ship in August with a $329 suggested retail price. An external USB 2.0 will ship the following month with a $379 suggested retail price. Write speeds are 4x write, 2.4x rewrite and 12x read for plus and dash RW media, 3x for RAM and 24x write, 16 rewrite and 32x read for CD-RW. In other news, Iomega announced that it recently shipped the 50 millionth Zip drive. The company will expand its USB drive line to include 512MB and 1GB versions later this year. Iomega now ships 64MB, 128MB and 256MB USB drives. A company spokesman said consumer acceptance of the drives is rapidly growing bringing this segment almost up to par with the number sold to business users.
- What a Rush! SKAA Wireless Receiver Not Just For Headphones Anymore
- Bridge Technologies, Clear-Com, and Solid State Logic Join AIMS
- Quantum Releases Purpose-Built 4K Video Reference Architectures to Deliver Industry-Best 4K Stream Counts and Performance
- Tom Marks, Rerecording Mixer, Chooses NUGEN Audio's Halo Upmix and MasterCheck Pro for Popular Series 'Sense8'
- Riedel MediorNet Provides Decentralized and Redundant Signal Routing for Spain's 'Gran Hermano VIP' ('Big Brother VIP')
- DEG ADDS FIVE NEW MEMBER COMPANIES
- Nokia completes first pre-standard 600MHz LTE call using commercially-available hardware
- Game Creek Wins Big With IHSE's KVM Systems During 2017 Pro Football Championship
- Platin Introduces the HS Eskimo Ultra-Efficient Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Mediatronik to distribute Calrec Audio consoles in the Czech Republic