Author interviews and book signings included as part of second annual Gary’s Book Club at 2015 CES
Authors who are at the forefront of the technology industry with books addressing business strategy, Internet culture and disruptive products and services will be featured at the 2015 International CES® as part of Gary’s Book Club, presented by Barnes & Noble. CES attendees will have the opportunity to meet the authors, purchase books onsite through Barnes & Noble, hear author interviews and have their books signed. Owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® the 2015 CES, the global gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technology, will run January 6-9, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Gary’s Book Club will also feature three CEA books for sale: New York Times bestsellers The Comeback: How Innovation Will Restore the American Dream and Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World’s Most Successful Businesses (hardback and paperback) for purchase, written by CEA’s president and CEO Gary Shapiro. CEA’s newest book, Digital Destiny: How the New Age of Data Will Transform the Way We Work, Live, and Communicate, written by CEA’s Chief Economist Shawn DuBravac, Ph.D., will be available for advance, pre-release sale at the 2015 International CES.
“I can think of no better place than the International CES to launch CEA’s new book, Digital Destiny: How the New Age of Data Will Transform the Way We Work, Live, and Communicate, written by our own chief economist Shawn DuBravac. The book supports our mission to promote innovation by exploring how the world’s mass adoption of digital technologies portends the beginning of a new era for humanity,” said Shapiro. “We are also thrilled to welcome a robust group of incredible authors to the CEA stage for the second year. Their unmatched business and industry expertise will benefit and educate CES attendees on the transformations taking place within our industry and across society.”
Featured Gary’s Book Club authors include:
- Aneesh Chopra,Innovative State: How New Technologies Can Transform Government
- Shawn DuBravac, Ph.D, Digital Destiny: How the New Age of Data Will Transform the Way We Work, Live, and Communicate
- Nicole Gallucci, Adversperience: The Convergence of Advertising & Experiential Marketing
- Frank Gruber, Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktails Guide to Building, Growing & Celebrating Startup Success
- Andrew Keen, TheInternet is Not the Answer
- Peter Nowak, Humans 3.0 -The Upgrading of the Species
- Alexis Ohanian, Without Their Permission: How the 21st Century Will Be Made, Not Managed
- Paul Paetz, Disruption by Design: How to Create Products That Disrupt and Then Dominate Markets
- Anna van Slee & Carolyn Chandler, Adventures in Experience Design
- Scott Steinberg, Make Change Work for You: 10 Ways to Future-Proof Yourself, Fearlessly Innovate, and Succeed Despite Uncertainty
- Patrick Stroh, Business Strategy; Plan, Execute, Win!
- Barry Wacksman and Chris Stutzman, Connected by Design: Seven Principles for Business Transformation through Functional Integration
A complete schedule of Gary’s Book Club author interviews taking place on the CEA Stage at the LVCC, Grand Lobby can be found at CESweb.org/BookClub. More detailed 2015 CES author information is available via Gary’s Book ClubPress Kit.
The 2015 CES will feature more than 3,500 exhibitors unveiling the latest products and services across the entire ecosystem of consumer technology. For more information on the 2015 International CES, visit CESweb.org.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “International CES®.” Subsequent references to the event can be shortened to “CES.”
The International CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the technology trade association representing the $211 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry’s most relevant issues are addressed. Follow CES online at www.CESweb.org and through social media: www.cesweb.org/social.
- 2015 CES Mobile Keynote To Feature Top Executives from Electrolux, General Motors, Philips and Qualcomm - December 16, 2014
- Top Tech Authors to Be Featured at 2015 International CES - December 15, 2014
- Bosch’s Werner Struth, Cisco’s John Chambers and Comcast’s Neil Smit to Discuss Fast Innovation as part of 2015 International CES Keynote - December 11, 2014