JULY 20, 2015 |DALLAS, TX | The Sound Organisation announces that Rega was approached by the legendary rock band Queen to produce a limited edition, fully licensed turntable to coincide with the release of the Queen 18 piece 180g vinyl LP boxset containing all 15 hit studio albums sourced from the original master tapes mastered by Bob Ludwig and cut at Abbey Road studios. Both brand and band are quintessentially English and the combination of engineering and musical achievements make for a perfect match.
- Influenced by the award winning Rega RP1.
- A custom designed high gloss black acrylic laminated plinth silk screened with a gold ‘Queen by Rega’ logo.
- Hand built RB101 tonearm.
- Factory fitted Rega Carbon moving magnet cartridge designed specifically for the RB101 tonearm.
- Low noise low vibration 24v synchronous high performance motor.
- Queen dust cover lid badge.
- Silk screened ‘Queen Crest’ platter from artwork created by Freddie Mercury.
Only 2000 turntables will be manufactured at the Rega facility with 200 heading to the US market and available exclusively through The Sound Organisation’s authorized Rega dealers at an MSRP of $650 including RB101 tone arm and carbon MM Cartridge. Availability is late September and preorders are being taken now. The Queen Vinyl Box Set is sold separately through Virgin EMI Records.
About The Sound Organisation
For over twenty years, the mission of The Sound Organisation is to bring the most musical sounding home audio components from Europe to the USA. TSO proudly offers Arcam, Chord Company, DALI, Melco, ProAc, Quadraspire, Rega Research and Wilson Benesch to North American specialty audio retailers. Backed by a unique team of sales, training and service technicians, TSO provides a combination of responsible and responsiveyou the very best sound for the dollar. retail support delivering the very best sound for the dollar.