Toronto, Canada, June 25, 2015 – Paradigm Electronics Inc. announces two brand new subwoofers in its extensive line-up: The 12” Prestige 1000SW and 15” Prestige 2000SW. Paradigm is renowned for building powerful subwoofers and the Prestige 1000SW and 2000SW are no exceptions. Designed, engineered and Crafted in Canada, the new Prestige Series subwoofers feature a clean design with front-mounted controls, four beautiful finishes and a built-in Ultra-Class D™ power amplifier to boost deep, powerful bass. As an added benefit, both Prestige subwoofers also ship with Paradigm’s Perfect Bass Kit (PBK). This state-of-the-art “bass perfecting” system analyzes the subwoofer’s response in your room, then sets the correct equalization parameters to attain optimal bass performance.
“At Paradigm we already know how to build powerful subwoofers. However, we wanted the Prestige Series subwoofers to carry over the luxurious look and feel of the Prestige Series speakers,” said Justin Bright, Director of Marketing and Digital Technology for Paradigm Electronics, Inc. “At first glance and listen to the new Prestige subwoofers, it’s clear that the industrial design & engineering teams have hit a home run. Not only do the Prestige subwoofers feature the same sharp lines, beautiful finishes and intelligent industrial design as the Prestige Series speakers, they are also feature rich and acoustically superior.”
- 3,400W Dynamic Peak; 2,000W RMS
- 15” X-PAL™ Pure-Aluminum Cone Woofer with Patented Active Ridge Technology (ART™) Surround
- 1,700W Dynamic Peak; 1,000W RMS
- 12” X-PAL™ Pure-Aluminum Cone Woofer with Patented Active Ridge Technology (ART™) Surround
Available in the four Prestige finishes, the new Prestige Series subwoofers utilize X-PAL™ Pure-Aluminum cone woofers and patented Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surrounds as well as front-mounted controls for easy access, including all of your standard subwoofer controls like Level, Cut-Off Frequency and Phase, plus two unique bonus controls. One bonus control is the PBK On/Off, allowing you to quickly hear and compare the difference before and after running PBK.
Also unique on the control panel is the Tone Sweep feature, which assists users in locating areas in listening rooms where troublesome rattles or resonances may occur. A single press of the “Sweep” button allows listeners to initiate a full tone sweep. If a rattle or resonance occurs in the room, a second press of the button holds the current frequency allowing the listener to investigate and identify the source.
- Efficient Ultra-Class-D™ Amplifier: More than 90% efficient, Prestige subwoofers are designed to completely control the bass driver for up to 2,000 Watts of sustained power.
- Ultra-Low Noise Transformer: Unlike cumbersome and heavy transformers used in line frequency power supplies, Prestige 2000SW uses noise reducing networks and an advanced control circuit resulting in high current and ultra-quiet operation.
- Digital Signal Processing: Paradigm has maximized processor efficiency and audio output to deliver a consistent and musical bass without audible distortion – even when the played at loudest level.
- Super-strong diecast basket features an integrated heat sink for higher power handling, better bass, and better dynamics and less power compression.
- Lightweight, extremely durable high-excurision Nomex spider design: delivers a longer life of flexibility and performance. Nomex is 10-times stronger than industry-standard cotton-based spider material.
High Excursion Bass Driver:
- Paradigm’s Patented Active Ridge Technology (ART™) Surrounds: Made in-house and overmolded directly to each cone, ART™ surrounds achieve greater excursions for a 3dB gain in distortion-free output (50% greater) compared to drivers with standard surrounds. (US patents: D654,479S and 8,340,340B2)
- X-PAL™ Pure-Aluminum Cone Woofers: combine lightweight stiffness with high consistency for a greater degree of accuracy and smooth, uncolored frequency response. Matching X-PAL™ dust caps ensure a more uniform dynamic response and a clean, modern aesthetic.
- ParDual Voice Coil Design: Wound on high-temperature Kapton formers, the multi-layer voice coils provide exceptional motor strength.
- Extruded-Aluminum Center Heatsinks: Provide internal forced-air cooling to force heat away and increase power handing while reducing distortion.
Prestige 2000SW is $3,999/ea (US MSRP) including PBK for the Walnut, Black Walnut and Piano Black finishes. Prestige 1000SW is $2,999/ea (US MSRP) including PBK for Walnut, Black Walnut and Piano Black. The Midnight Cherry finish is special order and a $300 premium for both subwoofers. Paradigm has begun shipping Prestige Series subwoofers worldwide. See an authorized Paradigm dealer for details.
For full specifications and more information about Prestige Series subwoofers visit: paradigm.com.
For digital images of the Prestige Series subwoofers, please visit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/paradigmspeakers/collections/72157653887716779/
For thirty years, Paradigm has set the standard for sonic excellence in every product category we offer. And while we remain focused on what we consider the “absolutely essential” performance/value relationship, we continue to push the boundaries of speaker design. Breathtaking accuracy, a spacious soundstage, pinpoint localization, deep, powerful bass and thrilling dynamics are hallmarks of Paradigm’s advanced speaker designs.