Car Connection 2.0 is an upgrade of the original Car Connection Elite and builds upon the original services offered that allow drivers to monitor, manage and maintain their vehicles. While Car Connection Elite was about your vehicle, Car Connection 2.0 is about being there for you, when you need it most. Car Connection 2.0 provides users with the ability to enjoy safety and convenience services such as Automatic Crash SOS, Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance, and Stolen Vehicle Recovery in both new and used vehicles.
“Safety features are among one the most desired features for many car buyers and owners today. The addition of Car Connection 2.0 delivers many of the most sought after safety features available in the market today, plus much more thanks to the wireless coast-to-coast coverage from AT&T,” said Tom Malone, President of VOXX Electronics Corporation.
The new Car Connection 2.0 services deliver improvements to the prior features of Car Connection Elite while ushering in a new suite of features that help protect the driver. The new advancements in Car Connection 2.0 including the following services:
- Automatic Crash SOS will call our trained emergency response call center automatically when the vehicle detects that a severe crash has occurred
- Emergency Roadside Assistance providing users with a dedicated Emergency Call Center running 24/7 to help you if you break-down, run out of gas, or get a flat tire.
- Stolen Vehicle Assistance can allow you to share the vehicle location with the police to help recover your vehicle in the event of theft
- Convenience Services include the ability to add Security and Remote Start allowing users to control their vehicle through a smartphone or computer (requires the purchase of a VOXX Electronics Security and/or Remote Start modules)
- Emergency Response will allow you to call a 24/7 Emergency Response call center from your Smartphone when in the vehicle
- Safe Driver includes our unique Driver Distraction text blocking service app to reduce texting and driving, Safety Zones (Geo-Fencing) for automatic alerts, and Driver Scoring reports to help improve driving habits
- Insurance Discount Program provides a digital connection to 19 major Insurance companies for potential insurance discounts when users opt-in to have their driving data reviewed by a selected, participating carrier
- Vehicle Maintenance Report communicates most major vehicle issues including the check engine light to help reduce your maintenance costs
- Fuel Reports helps to understand how to reduce your fuel costs based on driving habits
The Car Connection 2.0 Subscription Plan is $10 per month with no contract or activation fee required.
To access the Car Connection 2.0 services requires the purchase of the plug-n-play Car Connection 3G OBD II evice available at AT&T retail stores for an MSRP of $99.00 and is compatible with most cars built since 1996.