Santa Clara, CA – 30 June, 2015 – Magellan introduces its newest lineup of MiVue DashCam devices. With the new, stylish and lightweight line of DashCam devices you’ll always have proof of what really happened on the road. From recording those iconic spots along your scenic travels to those unexpected moments and the inevitable traffic incidents, you’ll always be prepared. The new models are: MiVue 508, MiVue 538, MiVue 638 and MiVue 658. The Magellan MiVue DashCam product line will be available August 2015.
“Magellan is thrilled to be bringing the award winning MiVue line of DashCam’s to American and Canadian consumers,” commented Stig Pedersen, Magellan associate vice president of product management. “Consumer’s all across the globe have been raving about the MiVue DashCams. They have been top sellers around the world for our sister companies Mio and Navman over the past two years.”
The MiVue Manager desktop application, downloaded from the Magellan website, allows users to browse recorded videos and share them to social media sites or forward to an insurance company.
“No matter where the road takes you, our new MiVue DashCam devices for 2015 have the ability to record every vehicle journey,” remarked Pedersen. “Plus, each model includes an Impact Sensor and Rotating Camera, so whether driving down the street or across the country, drivers can count on these Magellan DashCam units to provide peace of mind.”
Below are just a few of the many outstanding Magellan features that the entry-level MiVue 508 device includes.
• Impact Sensor – Records impact forces, which show the direction and magnitude of an accident impact.
• Bright Anti-glare F Lens – Reduces glare and absorbs reflection, resulting in brighter and clearer videos, even in low light conditions.
• 1080p Full HD Recording – Capture everything that happens on your drive in crystal clear HD.
• Wide Angle Lens – The wide-angle DashCam lens provides an enhanced peripheral view to record the entire street.
• Rotating Mount Design – Mount is easily rotated to any desired angle assuring you never miss an important moment.
• Event Recording Mode – When the 3-axis sensor detects sudden changes in motion, the device instantly saves protected files to prevent them from being overwritten.
• Parking Mode – In situations where there’s an impact while the car is parked, the DashCam wakes up to record the event. You can even choose to have the device always recording with vehicles that have constant power supplies.
• Camera Mode – Switch to Camera Mode to collect photo evidence or create lasting memories. With the built-in battery, the device can be taken out of the car to get close-up photos.
• MiVue Manager - Intuitive interface allows you to browse recorded videos. Video recorded from the Impact Sensor can be reviewed for post-accident analysis. Video may be shared on social media sites like YouTube™ & Facebook®.
In addition to all of the features above, the MiVue 538 also includes the following.
• GPS Tracking – The built-in high-sensitivity GPS receiver automatically records your driving information on the video, so you have both a location and time stamp when you playback the video.
In addition to all of the features above, the MiVue 638 also includes the following.
• 2.7 Inch Touch Screen – Offers true ease of use: intuitive and user friendly.
• Wide Viewing Angle - 150° wide-angle lens to capture a more expansive peripheral view at critical moments.
In addition to all of the features above, the MiVue 658 also includes the following.
• Integrated Wi-Fi – Easily send your videos to your smartphone for back up, or share your experiences on social media via the companion MiVue app for iOS and Android.
• Companion MiVue app – Links smartphone to DashCam via Wi-Fi to allow video backup to smartphone without wires.
For more information, please visit http://www.magellangps.com/MiVue-DashCam
Pricing and Availability
The Magellan MiVue DashCam product line will be available at retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as online at www.magellangps.com in August 2015. MSRPs are as follows: $149.99 (MiVue 508); $169.99 (MiVue 538); $199.99 (MiVue 638); and $249.99 (MiVue 658).
Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, MiTAC Digital Corporation, manufacturer of the Magellan (www.magellangps.com) brand of portable GPS navigation devices, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation. Magellan, the industry leader for innovative GPS navigation devices since 1986, globally markets award-winning products in multiple categories including auto, RV, commercial, outdoor, fitness and mobile. Continuing its spirit of innovation, Magellan is developing new cloud-based technologies, wearables, OEM and B-to-B solutions to meet the changing needs of today’s consumers.
Follow Magellan on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.