PLAINFIELD, Ind. – Ingram Micro [NYSE: IM] Mobility’s new Advanced Analytics solution is designed to leverage a customer’s wealth of data points, along with current connected-device lifestyle trend and behavior analysis, to empower the decision making ability of its supply chain team. The Advanced Analytics solution will help solve customers’ supply chain issues, cut costs and increase the supply chain’s total value by delivering unique insights into device lifecycle statistics and analysis starting at the atomic layer.
For businesses in the mobility and hi-tech industries, the enormous cache of digital data available through point-of-sale encounters, insurance claims, returns data, failure codes, data usage, recycling revenue and repair cost has made traditional analytical tools ineffective. Additionally, by combining this data with market intelligence and customer profiles, Ingram Micro Mobility’s Advanced Analytics solution helps reveal gaps in processes and services, contradictive actions and opportunities for cost savings.
“Each year, consumer returns costs carriers tens of millions of dollars,” said Bashar Nejdawi, executive vice president, Ingram Micro and president, North America, Ingram Micro Mobility. “We modeled the Advanced Analytics solution after the health IT field, recognizing that we could use the same type of heuristics to predict future behavior and make accommodations early – ultimately reducing cost, while increasing customer satisfaction.”
Customer and retail integration connected within the Ingram Micro Mobility data ecosystem help fuel the Advanced Analytics solution, allowing for:
- Real-time supply chain analytics at the point of delivery/distribution or return/repair to support operators’ routing decisions.
- Upstream automation partnered with analytics to drive returns avoidance.
- Predicting customer behavior by analyzing real-time data on device upgrades, trade-ins and buyers’ remorse returns.
- Developing a smarter supply chain by more accurately addressing the amount of product needed by store, region, country, etc.
- More accurately determining total device lifecycle cost from cradle-to-cradle.
- Designing for better serviceability, including information on how much a device will cost to fix or maintain.
- Collection of returns data, along with failure modes, to drive innovative training and enhance repair capabilities.
- Identifying unknown conditions in the supply chain within retailer, carrier, or OEM populations to prevent conditions from developing, leading to greater customer satisfaction and cost savings.
The Ingram Micro Mobility Advanced Analytics solution is currently used in the U.S. and Canada, and available worldwide. For more information, contact +1-423-967-5060 or email [email protected].
Ingram Micro Mobility delivers supply chain, distribution and recovery solutions across all aspects of the mobility device lifecycle, through responsiveness and focused execution. The Mobility business unit helps boost accessibility of connected and mobile devices, wearables, machine-to-machine technologies and accessories in the marketplace by solving customers’ complex logistical challenges. Ingram Micro Mobility’s device lifecycle services include capabilities such as warehousing, software loading, e-commerce, advanced planning, order management, accounts receivable and credit management, end-user fulfillment, and reverse logistics, including wireless device repair, triaging, refurbishment and recycling services. Visit ingrammicro.com/mobility.
About Ingram Micro Inc.
Ingram Micro helps businesses realize the promise of technology™. It delivers a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Deep expertise in technology solutions, mobility, cloud, and supply chain solutions enables its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Unrivaled agility, deep market insights and the trust and dependability that come from decades of proven relationships, set Ingram Micro apart and ahead. Discover how Ingram Micro can help you realize the promise of technology. More at ingrammicro.com.