Sept. 9-13, Amsterdam
IEEE Broadcast Technology Society (BTS)
IEEE BTS President William T. Hayes to Moderate IBC Hub Panel Session, “IBC’s Introduction to OTT”
On Friday, Sept. 9, William T. Hayes, IEEE BTS president and director of engineering and technology for Iowa Public Television, will moderate the following IBC2016 Content Everywhere Hub session:
Title: IBC’s Introduction to OTT
Scheduled: Friday, Sept. 9, at 1 p.m. in the Content Everywhere Hub Theater
Description: “Over the top” (OTT) distribution of video online has allowed new entrants to launch new services that aren’t bound by the conventions of traditional linear broadcast. However, OTT also opens up new opportunities for broadcasters and independent content creators to reach viewers on their smartphones or tablets and for viewers to catch up at their own convenience.
This session will provide a beginners’ guide to OTT and Content Everywhere, focusing on the following topics:
* How content is made available online
* OTT technologies and jargon, such as codecs and encoding, muxing, and streaming players
* Who the different players are, what they do, and how they fit together
* Content security and digital rights management
* Managing rapid technological evolution
* The importance of the user experience
* Who pays what and to whom
* Jaron Viëtor, CTO, DDVTech
* Michael Stattmann, CEO and CTO, castLabs
* George Mikeladze, Qarva
More information about this Hub session is available here.
IEEE BTS Sponsors Content Everywhere Hub Program
IBC’s Content Everywhere Hub panel sessions explore the ability to distribute and consume video content online, which is having a dramatic impact on the broadcast and digital media landscape. IEEE BTS is sponsoring the Hub Breakfast on Saturday, Sept. 10. The breakfast will be followed by several technical sessions, panel discussions, and demonstrations. The Hub is also a convenient central location for informal meetings and networking. The full Hub schedule can be found here: http://www.ibcce.org/welcome-to-ibc-content-everywhere-europe/ibc-conten…
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) aims to promote the creation, development, integration, sharing, and application of electrical and information technologies and sciences, for the benefit of humanity and the profession. Its Broadcast Technology Society (BTS) is a technical society and council specifically involved with devices, equipment, techniques and systems related to broadcast technology, including the production, distribution, transmission, and propagation aspects. The IEEE BTS is dedicated to advancing electrical and electronic engineering by maintaining scientific and technical standards as well as educating its members through various meetings, presentations, events, conferences, and training programs. IEEE BTS has more than 2,000 members and chapters worldwide and has its own business office located in Piscataway, New Jersey.
For more information on IEEE BTS, visit www.bts.ieee.com.
- Artel Video Systems Partners with Ward-Beck for Audio-Over-IP Demonstration at the 2018 NAB Show - March 28, 2018
- Luxul to Exhibit Full Line-Up of Routers, Switches, APs, and Wireless Controllers at ISC West 2018 - March 28, 2018
- RTI Releases Complete Line of A/V Distribution Solutions - March 28, 2018