HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Dec. 14, 2017 -- The DieHard brand announced today that it is celebrating 50 years of trusted performance with the launch of DieHard products on Amazon.com. Starting today an assortment of DieHard jump starters, battery chargers and maintainers are available for purchase at www.amazon.com/diehard. Passenger car tires and automotive batteries will be added to Amazon.com in early 2018.
"DieHard is America's most trusted and preferred automotive battery brand and the collaboration with Amazon makes it easier for millions to shop the brand," said Tom Park, President of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands at Sears Holdings. "As we have previously stated, we want to diversify the revenue streams of our iconic brands and launching on Amazon.com will significantly expand the distribution and availability of the DieHard brand in the U.S., building on the success of our recent Kenmore appliances launch on Amazon.com."
DieHard products now available on Amazon.com:
Jump starters and vehicle battery chargers and maintainers - A range of battery-related accessories are now available to help jump start and charge batteries.
- Jump starters: An assortment of portable power products meet the performance needs of batteries. These include the DieHard compact lithium jump starter + phone charger, which can top off a phone's charge and even jump start a 6-cylinder engine.
- Vehicle battery chargers and maintainers: A selection of compact shelf chargers and high-powered wheel chargers are available. These include the Wi-Fi enabled DieHard smart charger and maintainer, which allow users to check and charge their battery from a smart device, providing convenience and peace of mind.
DieHard products coming soon to Amazon.com:
Automotive batteries and tires
- DieHard Advanced Gold Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries – The non-spillable batteries are designed to provide greater maintenance-free reliability and performance during severe weather such as snow, extreme cold, sleet, rain and heat. The battery also is specifically designed to power today's vehicles, which draw more energy for start/stop ignitions and accessories, such as onboard DVD, navigation systems, and back-up cameras.
- Passenger tires - Finally, a tire that lives up to its name. DieHard Silver Touring All-Season tires are engineered with rugged quality and innovation, inside and out. Key features include:
- Nylon Belt Edge Layers, which increase steering response and cornering.
- Tension Control Technology, which optimizes ground contact and distributes pressure for better braking and less wear.
- Cross- Angle Sipes, which create biting edges for better traction in wet/wintry conditions.
- Tire Profile Optimization, which enhances performance by uniformly expanding the center and shoulder region of the contact area.
- Advanced Carbon Tread Compound, which promotes long, healthy tire life.
- 70,000-Mile Limited Warranty, which provides lasting customer satisfaction.
DieHard has demonstrated its power as a brand in the past two years with the successful launch of the DieHard Silver Touring A/S passenger car tires. A national survey among automotive tire purchasers in late 2015 ranked DieHard among the top five leading tire brands, even though DieHard tires did not exist at the time. Within six months of launching in August 2016 at Sears Auto Centers, DieHard tires became one of the leading passenger tire brands at Sears.
Other recent innovations from the DieHard brand include:
- Launch of the industry leading Wi-Fi smart battery maintainer that remotely provides vehicle battery health on a smart phone or tablet, giving users peace of mind.
- Launch of a compact lithium jump starter + smart phone charger. It is compact, yet powerful enough to jump start up to 20 vehicles on a single charge.
- The opening of three DieHard Auto Centers in San Antonio, Texas; Troy, Mich. and Roseville, Mich. They offer state-of-the-art technology and services in a contemporary, comfortable setting – that, combined with service from our experienced associates, can help today's drivers make the right choices for their vehicle's needs.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer focused on seamlessly connecting the digital and physical shopping experiences to serve our members - wherever, whenever and however they want to shop. Sears Holdings is home to Shop Your Way, a social shopping platform offering members rewards for shopping at Sears and Kmart as well as with other retail partners across categories important to them. The Company operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation, with full-line and specialty retail stores across the United States. For more information, visit www.searsholdings.com
About the DieHard Brand
Introduced in 1967, Sears designed the original DieHard automotive battery to produce 35 percent more usable starting power than other similar batteries. Featuring a revolutionary tough, thin-walled case of translucent polypropylene plastic, which was 50 percent thinner than conventional black rubber-type battery enclosures, the design's extra room meant bigger plates, more acid and extra starting power. During testing, not a single failure was reported in over 26,000 starts in temperatures ranging from sub-zero to more than 100 degrees, hence the name "DieHard." See more DieHard history and compelling "Battery Torture" video at www.DieHard.com.