LAWRENCE, Kan. — Aug. 13, 2020 — Cobalt Iron Inc., a leading provider of SaaS-based enterprise data protection, today announced that the company has received the 2020 North American Product Leadership Award for Data Backup from Frost & Sullivan. The award recognizes Cobalt Iron’s industry-leading Compass® enterprise SaaS backup platform for its ability to enable enterprises to manage their protected data more effectively, efficiently, and securely. Based on its extensive industry benchmarking research, Frost & Sullivan determined that Compass’ higher degree of automation and sophisticated analytics are key backup industry differentiators.
“Many backup administrators see the daily backup and recovery of data in their enterprises as a chore that steals time from other tasks. The traditional practice of using data protection agents to back up data is a time-consuming manual practice,” said Mike Valenti, senior research consultant at Frost & Sullivan. “Cobalt Iron’s Compass solution automates data backup and frees administrators to deal with other work. In addition to cutting the task hours for data backup by as much as 90%, Compass can reduce the physical footprint of hardware storage. For example, five servers can be reduced to two or three and save significant capital costs.”
In a detailed report, Frost & Sullivan stated that Compass outperforms competing data backup solutions through its ability to reduce the amount of human labor needed, which in turn lowers operational costs and eliminates inefficiencies. The report highlighted other key differentiators as follows:
• Compass’ rich and customizable role-based access control, which enables administrators to manage systems and users on a granular level.
• The ability to define policies across an entire enterprise at a global level while retaining the capability of overriding policies locally when necessary. This feature, in turn, enables users to predefine numerous tasks.
• Timely restoration of data when needed. Every Compass deployment is designed with recovery as the primary objective.
• Powerful cybersecurity features included with each Compass deployment. These security features, collectively called Cyber Shield™, protect the backup data in the event of a breach such as stolen passwords, breached networks, hacked devices, and ransomware attacks.
• The software-defined Virtual Tape Library (VTL) data ingest feature built into the Compass solution. In contrast to other VTL solutions, the Compass VTL feature is fully integrated inside the end-to-end data protection platform to enable simple and more cost-effective VTL operations and speed up data restore processing.
Valenti added: “With the COVID-19 pandemic compelling many people to work from home, the risk of ransomware has increased exponentially. The Compass platform seamlessly protects against these vulnerabilities by eliminating the need for administrators to add updates or patches to their backup infrastructure.”
Andy Hurt, chief marketing officer of Cobalt Iron, commented: “The Frost & Sullivan North American Product Leadership Award for Data Backup is a tremendous validation for Cobalt Iron’s leading position in the enterprise backup industry. The award also recognizes Compass as the market’s only data protection solution that is truly SaaS-based, multicloud, and analytics-driven, with award-winning security and cyberattack prevention capabilities built natively into the solution.”
# # #
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, helps clients accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation, and leadership. The company’s Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO’s growth team with disciplined research and best practices models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages nearly 60 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses, and the investment community from 45 offices on six continents. To join Frost & Sullivan’s Growth Partnership, visit http://www.frost.com.
About Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron is the global leader in SaaS-based enterprise data protection. The company was founded in 2013 to bring about fundamental changes in the world’s approach to data protection. Through analytics and automation, Cobalt Iron enables enterprises to transform and optimize legacy backup solutions into a simple cloud-based architecture. By leveraging the cloud, Cobalt Iron reduces overall capex by more than 50% while eliminating backup failures and inefficiencies. Processing more than 7 million jobs a month for customers in 44 countries, Cobalt Iron delivers modern enterprise data protection for enterprise customers.
Product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Link to Word Doc: www.wallstcom.com/CobaltIron/200813-Cobalt_Iron-Data_Backup-FS_Award.docx
Link to Photo: www.wallstcom.com/CobaltIron/Cobalt_Iron-Data_Backup-FS_Award-Logo.jpg
Photo Caption: Cobalt Iron Wins Frost & Sullivan Product Leadership Award
Follow Cobalt Iron: