Vienna, Austria—October 2016—Brodmann Acoustics, manufacturer of handcrafted statement loudspeakers, announces the availability of the newest model in the JB Series: the JB175. The JB Series, the result of Brodmann’s 220 years of producing world-class pianos, and legendary acoustic designer Hans Deutsch’s 40 years of innovation, has as its hallmark the interplay of incredibly natural, organic reproduction of music, stunning aesthetics, and craftsmanship. The JB175 will make its official consumer debut at a private event on Thursday, October 27, at Definitive Electronics, in Jupiter Park, Florida.
“It is virtually impossible to describe the JB Series speakers and do them justice,” said Brad Paulsen, Brodmann’s National Sales Manager. “These speakers really have to be experienced—acoustically and visually. For this reason, our strategy is focused on dealer events that will provide an intimate audition of the speaker and an introduction to the brand. We have partnered with Definitive Electronics for the JB175 event, as they are one of the top firms in our industry, and are unique in their commitment, and their ability to provide cutting-edge integration along with true high-performance audio, for their clients’ real enjoyment of the music experience.”
All Brodmann Acoustics loudspeakers employ the company’s patented Acoustic Active Principle, which uses soundboard technology delivering an organic, linear bass response that is unique in the loudspeaker industry, and eliminates the needs for the typical “Band-Aid” used in virtually all other box loudspeaker designs. It makes possible the elimination of internal crossover manipulation and internal damping materials, both of which create problems and distortions in the attempts to tame internal bass resonances.
Key design features of the JB175, and features found in all Brodmann Acoustics Loudspeakers:
- Brodmann Acoustics loudspeakers are the only box speakers that produce truly linear bass below 130Hz without generating, inside the cabinet, the standard distortions created by peak bass resonances in ported and acoustic-suspension designs; the majority of the actual amplitude is created outside the box, using the air gap between the cabinet and the soundboards. No enclosure peaks are produced, and the air acts as the transducer, delivering a speed that no physical driver can match.
- Brodmann Acoustics loudspeakers contain no internal damping. With none of the typical internal bass-resonant peaks to correct, the need for internal damping is eliminated, therefore allowing the upper-harmonic information to be fully reproduced, without the usual muffling of the lower midrange and upper bass that occurs as a byproduct of needing to damp cabinet distortions in the low bass.
- Brodmann Acoustics designs and manufactures all of its own drivers.
All Brodmann Acoustics loudspeakers feature true piano-grade finishes from top to bottom. All loudspeaker models enjoy the same luxury-quality finishes as are found on Brodmann grand pianos—from eight-layer, hand-polished black lacquers to hand-selected, handcrafted veneers.
Brodmann Acoustics provides virtually any color, any veneer, and any custom finish the client requests. This includes specific visual designs, artwork, family crests, etc., up to and including a recent system for a client in which artwork was inscribed on the speakers, inlaid with 24-karat gold, then sealed with a clear piano finish to preserve the gold inlay.
About Brodmann Acoustics
Headquartered in Vienna, Austria, since 1796, Brodmann Acoustics was established when Joseph Brodmann launched Brodmann Pianos, whose early customers included the legendary composer Ludwig van Beethoven. In 1828, Brodmann retired and passed the company on to his young apprentice, Ignaz Bösendorfer, who renamed the company. In 1998, the Bösendorfer company partnered with Hans Deutsch for exclusive rights to market Deutsch’s loudspeaker designs. In 2004, executives within Bösendorfer moved to restart Brodmann Pianos, using the existing Bösendorfer factory, and leading to the exclusive partnership of Deutsch and Brodmann.
Today, Brodmann manufactures beautifully sculpted, handcrafted, high-performance loudspeakers under the guiding principle that a product should be designed in the same manner as musical instruments, and not merely to reproduce the sounds of those instruments. The name of Joseph Brodmann is a driving force behind the company’s uniqueness and high standard of quality. For more information, please visit www.brodmann.at.
Dealers interested in learning more about Brodmann Acoustics should contact Brad Paulsen at [email protected].
JB Series JB175 MSRP:
$50,900 – Black
$59,700 – Handcrafted Veneers
- JAPAN AUDIO SOCIETY APPROVES A NEW TECHNOLOGY FROM MQA - November 9, 2022
- SIXFIVE AUDIO TO LAUNCH AT CEDIA 2022. - September 28, 2022
- Andover Audio Offers New Entry Point for Integrated Vinyl Music System - September 26, 2022