IWCE 2023, April 19-21, 2023
Charlotte Convention Center, Charlotte, NC
Bond Control Platform for Motorized Shade and Screens Featured in 10 Exhibits at International Window Covering Expo 2023
Bond takes IWCE by storm: showing its newest wireless shade and screen control solutions; announcing 14 new partners, and sponsoring WFCP Motorization Certification and Mastering Motorization seminars presented by O’D McKewan and Roman Shade Motorization seminar by Sandra Van Sickle
Charlotte, NC – April 19, 2023 – Don’t miss the Bond exhibit at the IWCE Expo (booth #316) where they will be showing their latest in wireless motorized shade and screen control, and proudly announcing fourteen key new partnerships ranging from licensing to private label to resale. Nine of the partners will be featuring the Bond technologies at their IWCE exhibits, and Bond is sponsoring all three of the show’s motorization seminars.
The Bond Solutions
The Bond Bridge platform brings smartphone/tablet control to RF-controlled shades from Somfy, Rollease Acmeda, Nice, Bofu, A-OK, and Dooya.
One Bond Bridge ($99) can manage thirty shades (plus ceiling fans and fireplaces) throughout a 2,500 sq. ft. home.
The more advanced Bond Bridge Pro ($379) brings Ethernet and Power Over Ethernet, can manage fifty appliances in a 3,500 sq. ft. home and integrates with Control4, Crestron, Elan, RTI, Homebridge and Hubitat home automation systems. Neither requires wiring and for even larger jobs multiples can be used. The Bond Home App is intuitive to use and adds both scheduling and voice-activation via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings Apps and Josh.ai.
At IWCE Bond will unveil its Gen2 SideKick for Shades wireless keypad ($99) which provides direct individual and group remote-control of even more brands now including Somfy RTS, Rollease ARC, Coulisse/Motion Blinds, PowerShades, Progressive Screens, Dooya, A-OK, Nice, Gaposa and AMP Motorization.
The Gen2 keypad offers greater flexibility; it ships with both a pre-installed 5-channel keypad and optional 1-channel keypad; a decora wall plate (mounts flush on wall or electrical box) and a replaceable 10-year coin cell battery. When used with the Bond Bridge Pro hub, the Bond Home App and home’s connected automation system communicate the status of the shades operations (i.e., opening, closing, stopping), which is a great fail-safe feature. Fully programmable, when integrated with the Bond Bridge Pro and any of a Control4, Elan, RTI or URC automation system, the keypad can trigger events within entertainment, HVAC, lighting systems and more.
How and Where the Bond Technology is Available
Bond solutions are available to DIY consumers, window treatment and home tech pros, and shade/screen/ceiling fan motor manufacturers and brands. Parent company Olibra can directly embed the technology into a motor via a licensing agreement and label as Smart by Bond.
Olibra can also create partner-specific solutions.
The latest example is two customized Bond Bridge’s developed for Progressive Screens’ MagnaTrack Defender series of outdoor hurricane screens and shades.
With this private label effort, these become MagnaTrack’s sole hub solutions.
The MagnaTrack logo and Bond customer support link are featured within the Bond Home App, reinforcing the strength of the partnership, technical capability and joint support.
New 2023 Bond Partner Announcements
Bond is pleased to announce 14 important new partnerships, listed below. Nine of the companies will feature the Bond technology at their IWCE 2023 exhibit:
- MagnaTrack Defender Series Outdoor Screens by Progressive Screens: Screen motors now Bond Bridge Pro compatible; MagnaTrack distributing bridges and Sidekick for Shades to dealers, featuring branding in Bond Home App.
- Coulisse/Motion Blinds (IWCE booth #511): Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible; Motion Blinds distributing to customers, featuring branding in Bond Home App.
- Forest Drapery Hardware (IWCE booth #501): Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible; featuring branding in Bond Home App.
- Gaposa Motors and Controls (IWCE booth #828): Shade/screen motors now Bond Bridge compatible; featuring branding in Bond Home App.
- PowerShades: Shade motors now compatible with Bond Bridge Pro and SideKick for Shades; PowerShades distributing both solutions to its dealers.
- JStar (IWCE booth #1012): Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible.
- Savant: Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible. Savant offering direct to dealers.
- BTX: Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible.
- Schildr Outdoor: Motors now Bond Bridge compatible; featuring branding in Bond Home App.
- Unique Fine Fabrics (IWCE booth #213): Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible; featuring branding in Bond Home App.
- Universal Screens (IWCE booth #539): Outdoor screen motors now Bond Bridge compatible; Universal offering Bond Bridge directly to dealers.
- BON Windows (IWCE booth #443): Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible.
- Ronco (IWCE booth #917): Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible.
- Dendo Systems (IWCE booth #130): Shade motors now Bond Bridge compatible.
Bond Sponsors All Three IWCE Motorization Seminars
-April 19th (9AM-5PM) WFCP Motorization Certification presented by Master Installer O’D McKewan
-April 20th (9AM-10:15) Roman Shade Motorization by expert Sandra Van Sickle
-April 21st (9AM-12PM) Mastering Motorization by O’D McKewan
“We are proud to sponsor these seminars which educate window treatment pros on how easy selling and implementing motorized shades and smart control can be,” says Olibra/Bond CEO Zohar Shinar.
Consumers Want More Motorized Shades and Smarter Control
Confirmed by the most recent Olibra survey of 100K active users of the Bond Bridge platform, 64% of shades users want all of their shades to be motorized and more than half would like to add additional motorized shades to their home. Smart control continues to be a demand feature. To view the shade survey in its entirety, click here: https://hubs.ly/Q01FsFSY0
Schedule Your Appointment with Olibra/Bond at IWCE
Meet the Olibra / Bond team (booth #316) to learn more about how their technology takes window treatment control to a higher-level experience. Email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
Become a Bond Dealer
Window treatment professionals can sign-up to become a Bond Bridge dealer and purchase directly from the company at BondHome.io.
For all Olibra/Bond Bridge media inquiries contact Muto Communications PR agency:
Paul Muto: [email protected], 516.662.5374
Richard Frank: [email protected], 949.637.0700
Launched in 2016, Olibra is a technology company dedicated to making the smart home easier to create, simpler to use and more delightful to live with. The company’s Bond Bridge Platform launched in 2018 as a solution to bridge RF to Wi-Fi control of motorized window shades, ceiling fans and fireplaces via Smartphones and tablets including compatibility with popular Voice Activation apps. The Bond Bridge Pro launched in 2021, with expanded range and capability, ideal for custom integrators. The Bond Sidekick for Shades and Sidekick Scene Control keypads launched to fanfare at 2022 CEDIA Expo. www.bondhome.io Twitter: @Bond4Home