Calling all apartment dwellers and home owners! Need a plumber? The days of scouring the Yellow Pages and blindly searching the web for a qualified professional are gone! Customers who have long been addicted to on-demand services like Uber and Seamless are quickly discovering the beauty and convenience of on-demand home services.
Today, Amazon Home Services, an on-demand professional services marketplace which makes hiring a professional for around-the-home help as easy as buying a product on Amazon.com, turns one year old. And Amazon is quickly expanding to meet growing customer demand. Since its launch a year ago:
- Home Services customer orders have grown more than 20% per month on average,
- The site has expanded from 30 cities from an initial four (a 650% increase!), and
- The site offers more than 1,200 services from quirky (private yoga instructors, aerial photography, pet grooming, goat grazers) to ‘handyman’ services (plumbing, painting, landscaping, furniture assembly).
Additional 1 Year Anniversary Stats:
- We now offer services in more than 40,000 zip codes nationwide
- Customers can buy services on over 1M products available on Amazon
- #1 Service Nationwide: TV Wall Mounting
- Top 3 Most Popular Services: TV Wall Mounting, Treadmill Assembly, House Cleaning
- Top 3 Cities with the Highest Sales: New York City, Los Angeles, Washington DC
Amazon’s focus on Home Services is a natural extension of what it already offers customers. The site makes it easy for customers to compare prices, ratings, and reviews side by side. Today, most service requests are tied to the purchase of a product on Amazon.com – and its most popular services are furniture assembly and housecleaning because…well, does anyone actually like cleaning? To thank its customers, Amazon is offering its biggest sale which ends Tuesday (amazon.com/services).