FISHERS, Ind. (February 16, 2023) – CEDIA, the global membership association for the home technology industry, has announced the opening of the 2023 CEDIA Smart Home Awards (for
merly, CEDIA Awards). The new title aligns with CEDIA’s mission to increase awareness of CEDIA and the industry among consumers and allied trades. Additional changes to the program include a new Health, Sustainability or Wellness Project category and redefined level definitions in the Best Integrated Home category based on CEDIA’s market research.
The Best Integrated Home category now includes:
- Mass Market Integration: A project in a home with value near the average sales price for the area
- Mid-Market Integration: A project in a home with value well above the average sales price for the area but not considered part of the luxury market
- Luxury Integration: A project in a home located within a small subset of homes and estates in the most desirable areas
- Uber Luxury Integration: A project in a home located within a rare collection of the area’s most elite
These new and expanded categories join ten others in the Home Technology Integrator Project portion of the CEDIA Smart Home Awards. The Manufacturer Product Awards are also accepting submissions for Best New Product (Hardware or Software) and Product Hall of Fame. The CEDIA Smart Home Awards will continue to recognize the industry’s most active volunteers and leaders through the Volunteer of the Year Awards, CEDIA Fellows and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
“The CEDIA Smart Home Awards are truly a mark of excellence in our industry,” said CEDIA global president and CEO Daryl Friedman. “As we consider the future of this program, we also want their recognizability to extend far beyond our own community. The CEDIA Smart Home Awards name provides a clear explanation for allied trades and the general public, while establishing CEDIA and our award winners as leaders in the space.”
The CEDIA Smart Home Awards are now accepting submissions for the Home Technology Integrator Project Awards through April 21. CEDIA members who completed projects between March 2021 and the project deadline will be considered. Manufacturers may submit their hardware and software products for the Manufacturer Product Awards through May 19. For more information and to enter the 2023 CEDIA Smart Home Awards, visit cedia.awardsplatform.com.
- CEDIA Reimagines Annual Awards Program, Debuts New Name - February 16, 2023
- CEDIA Launches CEDIA NextGen: Smart Home Career Toolkit - February 8, 2023
- Caster and bluesalve Partner to Offer Full-Service Technology Consulting - January 3, 2023