The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® today announced programming for CEA Innovate!, a new two-day conference for CEA members and technology companies big and small looking to be inspired by great ideas, ignite investment and meet like-minded innovators. The conference features valuable networking opportunities, the chance to hear from entrepreneurs who have built companies from the ground up, and thought-provoking sessions to inform attendees about the impact disruptive technologies will have on their business.
CEA Innovate! is scheduled for September 30-October 2 at the Wigwam Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Event highlights include:
- Five Disruptive Techs to Watch: An up-to-the-moment view into five categories that are poised to disrupt product cycles, forever change consumer behavior and challenge our views on technology at 9:30 AM on October 1.
- Startup Success Stories: Entrepreneurs who built a business from the ground up will tell their personal stories, share their successes and failures, and provide wisdom acquired along the way at 10:45 AM on October 1.
- CEA’s Annual Member Meeting and Keynote Luncheon: Noon-1:30 PM on October 1.
- CE Opportunities in 3D Printing: Industry experts will highlight some of the 3D Printing trends the CE industry should be watching, including who is investing in this space, and why at 2 PM on October 1.
- Crowdfunding Workshop: Experts from one of the top crowdfunding platforms will discuss this constantly evolving form of raising capital, and offer tips for how best to use this tool at 2 PM on October 1.
- The Expanding Market Potential for Wearables: A discussion about the trends to watch in the exciting wearables category, what unexpected companies are investing in the space and how wearables will continue to be a hot market at 3 PM on October 1.
- Great PR on a Shoestring Budget: A workshop highlighting tips for generating buzz with the media about your new venture, without a lot of (or any!) dollars to spend at 3 PM on October 1.
- Media Training: Tyler Suiters, senior director of communications, CEA and a seasoned broadcast journalist, will offer insight into what reporters really want, how to share your company’s story effectively and why times of crisis can also be opportunities from 4-5:15 PM on October 1 and 8-9 AM on October 2. Instructional elements will include tactics for controlling an interview, the elements of strong storytelling and video case studies.
- Top Venture Capital Trends in 2015: Venture capitalists will share the hottest trends in tech innovation, consumer electronics, and other key industries that will have an impact on technology and consumer behavior at 9 AM on October 2.
- Holiday Sales Forecast: CEA’s Annual CE Holiday Purchase Patterns study will be unveiled at 10:15 AM on October 2.
CEA Innovate! will also host mentoring hours from 4-5:15 PM on September 30, and 4:15-5:15 PM on October 1. Speakers from the conference and seasoned business leaders will be available in a one-on-one meeting setting to give advice and ideas, and answer any questions about building a business. In addition, CEA’s industry analysts will be available for one-on-one meetings to help with interpreting the latest industry trends and research.
Registration for CEA Innovate! is now live. For more information or to register, please visit www.ce.org/innovate.