ProSource, the $5 billion A/V specialty buying group, made two new board of directors appointments on the eve of this week’s Spring Meeting in San Antonio.
Joining the board is Larry Abrams, technical director of Audio Interiors, succeeding Parsol’s Ted Bremekamp.
In addition, longtime member Walt Stinson of ListenUp was named vice chairman and treasurer.
Former treasurer Andy Kersey retains his seat on the ProSource board.
“We are excited to welcome Larry Abrams as a leader who has expanded his business into key ProSource initiatives, including custom lighting control, motorized shades and smart-home automation,” said board chairman Murray Huppin, principal of Huppins. “We also recognize the impact that Walt Stinson has made, in terms of bringing success to the organization, and look forward to his continued contributions as vice chairman.”
Meanwhile, ProSource has opened the books to 12 new members in the first quarter of the year, representing $49 million in new revenue and raising the roster to more than 550 specialty retailers and custom integrators. The newcomers include four “Power” members, whose annual sales total $4 million or more, and eight Custom Integrator (CI) members.
The new Power members include:
- Home Theater Technologies, Colleyville, Texas
- Macauley Technologies, Austin, Texas
- Smart Systems, The Colony, Texas
- Symspire, Nashville, Tenn.
The new CI members include:
- AMS, Madison, Wis.
- Arracal, Lakeland, Fla.
- Davis Audio & Video, Chicago
- Habitech Systems, Ormond Beach, Fla.
- Hi-Tech Home, Clovis, Calif.
- Hiway Hifi, Ithaca, N.Y.
- Innovative Technology Solutions, Key Largo, Fla.
- SmartHouse Integration, Sarasota, Fla.
In addition, six current CI members were elevated to Power status after attaining the revenue requirement. They include:
- Audio Interiors, Hauppauge, N.Y.
- Audio Intersection, Canton, Ga.
- AVIO, Troy, Mich.
- Digital Interiors, Alpharetta, Ga.
- Imagine Audio Video, Franklin, Tenn.
- Spectrum Technology Integrators, Deerfield Beach, Fla.
“The ProSource CI and Power membership rosters are a great reflection of the robust state of the industry,” observed membership director Sherry Dantonio. “Each new and elevated member contributes to our organization’s strategy of building our business from the ground up.”
The 2018 ProSource Spring Meeting is being held at La Cantera Resort and Spa and runs through Friday.