Germantown, Tenn. – Online marketing and customer retention will be among the key topics addressed this month at MEGA Group USA’s bi-annual convention and buy fair.
The event, slated for March 17-20 at the Marriott World Center in Orlando, Fla., will build on the furniture, mattress, appliance and CE buying group’s five-year-old web program by holding educational workshops and training in social media, online advertising and web site programs.
“Providing our members with hands-on learning sessions and best practices from experts in the social, online and website development fields will prove invaluable to our members,” said MEGA Group USA president Rick Bellows. “We all know that research proves that the Internet is the first place consumers go to learn about a product. We want to ensure our dealers not only understand that, but that we also give them the tools to implement social and online traffic and sales generating strategies.”
Workshops will include:
- a discussion of web advertising including SEM (search engine marketing) and display opportunities led by Brian Dick of NetSertive, an online marketing firm that assists small and medium-sized businesses with attracting consumers and increasing sales through its patent-pending online marketing technology;
- breakout sessions focusing on web site development and search engine optimization (SEO), led by Jennie Gilbert of RWS, an integrated technology and web design firm, and;
- a seminar on social media and the positive impact it can have on businesses, led by consultant, new media marketer and entrepreneur Jeff Korhan, who helps small business owners maximize their Web visibility.
The convention will also feature a keynote address by author and motivational speaker Don Hutson, who will tackle the subjects of “Teambuilding For Maximum Success” and “Strategies For Successful Performance Coaching.”
MEGA Group USA will also officially debut its Whirlpool Appliance Gallery at the convention. First introduced at the Las Vegas Furniture Market, the complete Whirlpool gallery will be displayed for the group’s entire dealer base. The 1,000-square-foot display area features exclusive MEGA products and was developed with Whirlpool to help position member dealers as a complete home furnishings resource.
MEGA Group USA has 1,600 retail members in 3,000 storefronts across the U.S. In addition to online support, the group provides health and business insurance, group vendor programs, custom advertising and marketing services, consulting, store merchandising, and information technology support aimed at driving floor traffic, improving sales and profits and enhancing operating efficiencies. For more information, visit www.megagroupusa.com.
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Watch List - May 23, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Consumer-Direct Sales Dominate The Charts - May 22, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Best Buy Keeps The CE Crown, But Barely - May 21, 2019