For some, Independence Day conjures up images of Paul Revere’s ride, Washington’s crossing, and the Founding Fathers risking their necks (quite literally) to sign that most audacious of declarations.
For most Americans though, July 4th means beer, barbecues… and summer blowout sales. And who’s to blame them? The long holiday weekend has become a tent-pole promotional period for the major appliance industry, and electronics manufacturers and retailers have never been shrinking violets when it comes to cutting prices.
Related: Amazon Primed For Prime Day II
Here then are some of the largest cherry-picked CE and majap sales promotions of the July 3-9 selling period, in reverse order:
10. Exchange(Army and Air Force Exchange Service): 31 percent off a 65-inch Sony 4K LED smart TV, sale price $1,799
9. Office Depot: 36 percent off a Lenovo Ideapad laptop with Intel core i3 processor, sale price $320
8. Best Buy: 44 percent off a Samsung 25.5-cubic-foot stainless French door fridge, sale price $1,000
7. The Home Depot: 46 percent off NuTone’s Allure I series 30-inch convertible stainless range hood, sale price $111
6. Walmart: 47 percent off a 55-inch, 1080p Sceptre (60Hz) or RCA (120Hz) LED HDTV, sale price $370
5. Sears (tie): 50 percent off a Kenmore 27.6-cubic-foot stainless French door refrigerator, sale price $1,000
5. hhgregg (tie): 50 percent off a Char-Broil 36,000 Btu gas grill, sale price $90
4. Target: 52 percent off a Canon EOS Rebel T5 II 18MP D-SLR camera kit with EF-S 18-55mm lens, sale price $400
3. Office Depot (again): 63 percent off a 64GB SanDisk Cruzer & Cruzer Edge USB 2.0 flash drive, sale price $15
2. Walmart (again): 67 percent off a Straight Talk 16GB prepaid 4G LTE Apple iPhone 5S, sale price $149
And the deepest CE/majap discount of the holiday period goes to…Groupon — No. 33 on the TWICE Top 100 CE Retailers ranking — with a whopping 86-percent-off sale on Trend Matters’ 5-foot MicroUSB-to-HDMI cable for Samsung Galaxy devices. Sale price: 10 bucks.