JVC Mobile Entertainment launched its first-ever line of CD car receivers specifically created for women to retail stores nationwide, here, earlier this month with an event at Times Square featuring female celebrities and athletes.
The Urban Decay 700 Series CD Car Receivers are being co-marketed by Urban Decay Cosmetics and are designed to meet the interests and desires of the female market, offering style, portability and functionality, the companies said.
“Extensive research has proven that it is not just men who are walking into stores buying car audio products, but women as well,” said Tom Caronia, JVC’s VP/mobile entertainment. “We developed the Urban Decay 700 series to fill a definite void in the mobile car market space.”
Actress Donna D’Errico, singer Lisa Loeb, surfer Belen Connelly, skateboarder Jen O’Brien and snowboarder Jonnel Janewicz have signed on to be the official spokespersons for the series and were here when JVC unveiled its “Urban Girl on the Go”-themed billboard at Times Square.
The billboard features the celebrities listed above, along with Wende Zonmir, creative director of Urban Decay Cosmetics. JVC and Urban Decay have created a variety of joint promotions and marketing campaigns to support the new line, including an “Urban Girl on the Go” sweepstakes, offering consumers the chance to win a two-year lease on a Volkswagen outfitted with JVC and Urban Decay products.
In addition, consumers who purchase any Urban Decay CD receiver between May 15, 2002, and Sept. 30, 2002, will receive their choice of an Urban Decay Cosmetics gift pack or a special CD sampler of great music featuring artists like Lisa Loeb, Third Eye Blind and others. The joint consumer promotion will be offered at both Urban Decay and JVC retailers.
By region, here are the stores that are carrying the 700 Series:
- Northeast Region: Action Electronics in Connecticut; Discount Auto Sounds in Virginia; J & H, Prince Phillip and Frank E King in New York; and Model Electronics in Pennsylvania.
- Southeast Region: Brandsmart in Florida; and Electronic Express in Tennessee.
- West Coast Region: RC Willey in Utah; RC Willey in Las Vegas; Kustom Kar in Arizona; Baillios in New Mexico; and Pacific Stereo, Ben Stereo, Stereo 1 Warehouse and Harbor Sound in California.
National availability includes:
- National: Circuit City at www.circuitcity.com and Sears at www.sears.com.
- East Coast: Stereo Advantage at www.theadvantage.com and Crutchfield at www.crutchfield.com.
- Midwest Region: ABC Warehouse at www.abcwarehouse.com.