The recently renamed Home Technology Specialists of America (HTSA) recognized Bowers & Wilkins, Chief, Integra, Lutron, Sanus and Universal Remote Control as vendors of the year during International CES for their contributions and support during a challenging 2009.
The recipients of the buying group's ninth annual vendor awards “represent the manufacturers, products and people who most significantly influenced HTSA businesses and the world of high-end consumer electronics in 2009,” said group executive director Richard Glikes.
The winners, nominated by the HTSA board and voted in by the group's members, “performed beyond excellence for the group,” Glikes said.
The awards include:
- Vendor of the Year, given for the third consecutive year to Integra;
- Man of the Year, received by Integra sales VP Keith Haas, who has been “an integral force for good in 2009,” Glikes noted;
- Product of the Year, received by Bowers & Wilkens' Panorama sound bar;
- Most Profitable Vendor Award, received for the second consecutive year by Universal Remote Control;
- Most Supportive Vendor of the Year, shared this year by Milestone brands Chief and Sanus for the brands' “commitment to HTSA ideals”:
- Custom Product of the Year, received by Lutron's Homeworks RF series, and;
- Best Vendor Training, received by Universal Remote Control.
The $400 million HTSA is comprised of 59 members in 37 states with about 100 storefronts, more than 800 installers, and another 800 field personnel. Members specialize in the design and installation of high-end audio, video, automation, lighting, climate and energy-management systems. —Alan Wolf