As the industry looks ahead to 2017, let’s take a moment to reflect on the Ghost of Christmas Just Past.
The traffic numbers are in — at least through mid-December at press time — and market research firm InfoScout feels it’s safe to declare the retail winners of Holiday 2016.
Using its portfolio of proprietary mobile apps, the company gathered and analyzed 1 million purchase receipts across all distribution channels from Nov. 1 through Dec. 15.
The result: A Top 10 retailers list, based on counts of online and in-store shopping trips that culminated in a purchase, along with the five best-selling tech items for five of them, based on dollar volume (see chart).
The list might surprise you. Amazon wasn’t top dog in the fight (Walmart was), and Best Buy didn’t crack the Top 10, although Home Depot did.
But 4K UHD TV did dominate the holiday hit parade, as did PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S gaming bundles, and Echo and Dot were sellouts for Amazon (and anyone else who carried them).
So, without further ado, the drumroll please…
The Top 10 Retailers Of Holiday 2016
5. The Home Depot
6. Sam’s Club
The Top Tech Products Of Holiday 2016 (by Top Retailer)
• Philips 55-inch 4K UHD LED smart TV (Walmart)
• Echo Dot (Amazon)
• Xbox One S 500GB console, “Battlefield 1” bundle (Target)
• Apple iPad Mini with retina display, Wi-Fi, 32GB, silver (Costco)
• Samsung 60-inch 1080p smart LED TV (Sam’s Club)
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Watch List - May 23, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Consumer-Direct Sales Dominate The Charts - May 22, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Best Buy Keeps The CE Crown, But Barely - May 21, 2019