Best Buy has upped the seasonal stakes by offering a host of Christmas-time initiatives designed to deliver a “hassle-free” holiday.
“For holiday we do see a bunch of people that we don’t see as broadly as the rest of the year,” observed Americas president Mike Vitelli. “We said let’s make it as simple as possible for them.”
Among the enhancements:
• free standard shipping from Nov. 1 through Dec. 27 on
’s entire 400,000-SKU assortment with no purchase minimum, excluding products sold by the site’s third-party Marketplace merchants;
• an extended return and exchange period of Nov. 13 through Jan. 24;
• limited Geek Squad tech support at no cost on all products purchased between Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, and a free 13th month of coverage with all 12-month service contracts purchased Nov. 20 through Dec. 31;
• a promise to match the price of any brick-and-mortar competitor on any identical product between Nov. 13 and Dec. 24, excluding Black Friday and Cyber Monday; and
• specially trained “connection specialists,” a product of the company’s Connected Store pilot, who will help shoppers navigate Best Buy’s wide assortment of mobile products and services.
The chain will also maintain its yearround no restocking fee and in-store pick-up policies, and will extend its free recycling offer to virtually all products.