Students across the country may be starting their spring breaks, but for distributors and their dealer customers, it’s back-to-school season now through May.
Among those holding regional training sessions and special events are the PowerHouse Alliance, Almo’s Professional A/V wing and Dorrance Supply, a Midwest appliance and CE distributor based in Youngstown, Ohio.
Related: D&H Revamps Conference Approach
Dorrance, family-owned and operated since 1947, will be holding 2018 Tech Expo trainings in Pittsburgh on May 2 and Indianapolis on May 16. The day-long events will feature sessions on Yamaha’s commercial MTX matrix processor; LG’s commercial video walls and super signs, and consumer products and control system integration; HDMI issues and future requirements; and a JVC vs. Sony projector shootout.
There will also be vendor giveaways and a grand prize drawing for an LG OLED TV. Registration for the events and further details are available here.
More immediate is the slate of dealer trainings from members of the dozen-distributor PowerHouse Alliance. On the calendar for April are:
- Denon and Luxul trainings at member ECD’s Houston, Austin and Dallas-Fort Worth locations April 17-19, and a 2GIG security training on April 26 in Houston;
- seven half-day digital signage sessions at all seven Volutone locations April 17-26, with an assist from LG, BrightSign and Peerless-AV;
- LG product trainings at member CED’s Northbrook, Ill., and New Berlin, Wis., facilities on April 3 and 4, respectively, with a focus on Control4 integration and the latest OLED and Wallpaper TV technologies;
- two RTI intro to Apex programming trainings at Ui Supplies’ Plainview, N.Y., location on April 5 and 19, leading to Level 1 certification, along with reviews of RTI’s new C2K1 Kit and a refresher on MAP product awareness; and
- trainings by Samsung and WyreStorm Technologies at the Pacific NW Consumer Electronics Expo (PNWCEE 2018) on April 11-12 in Seattle, where PowerHouse member EDI will be on hand.
Not a training session, but certainly worth noting, will be a week-long blow out event (April 9-13) at 21 Century Distributing celebrating the retirement of 42-year industry veteran Dave Tierney, who managed the Florida territory. There’ll be walk-in specials on Panamax, Sonance and A2V products and bulk wire, along with A2V custom speaker giveaways.
For more information, visit PowerHouseAlliance.com.
Last but certainly not least, Almo Professional A/V continues its four-city E4 AV Tour with an April 24 stop in Dallas. The Almo commercial division, along with education partner Avixa, will bring an immersive A/V learning and networking experience to the Hyatt Regency Dallas, where attendees can receive certifications, get hands-on in workshops, see live demos in huddle space environments, and hear from keynote speaker Randy White, the former NFL defensive end and Super Bowl MVP, on his game plan for success. Free registration is available here.
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Watch List - May 23, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Consumer-Direct Sales Dominate The Charts - May 22, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Best Buy Keeps The CE Crown, But Barely - May 21, 2019