TWICE recently had the privilege of attending the Exertis Almo 2023 E4 Experience in Santa Clara, CA, the premier one-day regional education/training and product showcase for custom integrators and AV Pros. Coming off the momentum from their highly successful E4 Experience in Dallas, TX, Exertis Almo headed for the West Coast to bring new tech, education, and networking opportunities to nearly 400 A/V integrators, dealers, and resellers.
An incredibly insightful keynote from rAVe’s Managing Director, Gary Kayye, a poignant Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Panel, and a showroom packed with the newest AV gear were just a few of the highlights at E4 Santa Clara that helped prove once again how valuable and essential events like the E4 Experience are for those in the Pro AV industry.
“Our E4 program has grown and it’s allowed us to be able to educate more people,” Melody Craigmyle, Vice President of Marketing and Communications for Almo Corporation told TWICE. “Our exhibiting partners have raised the stakes by bringing newly launched technology that is truly ‘eye candy.’ Our programming remains solid as well. We’ve evolved the popular DEI panel to hone in on how everyone needs to be involved to make changes and move forward in AV.”
Kicking off the one-day event, the ever-forward-thinking Gary Kayye delivered his keynote address, “8 Cool New Products and 5 New Technologies That Will Change The AV Industry Forever!” to a full house of eager AV pros. The five up-and-coming technologies Kayye passionately feels could change the way we do everything in Pro AV include AI, AVoIP, the rise of Spatial Audio and AR/VR, and the expanding necessity of the Cloud in AV.
“We have found that data shows us people are craving experiences, and even experiences in the places that they work,” said Kayye in his keynote address. “It’s not just about the social experience and the physical experience, it’s also about the technological experience. Integrators need to sell experiences.”
Kayye’s eight cool new products to keep your eyes on include:
- Microsoft Teams Front Row
- AI-Based PTZ Cameras
- Image Virtualization
- Media Servers and Players
- OLED and LED
- Cloud-based Controls
- Collaboration Tech
- Sony’s REA-C1000 Edge Analytics Appliance
The highly anticipated DEI panel session, “It’s Everyone’s Responsibility: Bringing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into AV”, brought important topics to the forefront such as what DEI is and how it is more than just race and gender, how AV products play a role in helping create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce and how AV professionals can take action to bring DEI into AV. Most importantly, the panel discussed the importance of how cultivating an industry of diversity, equity and inclusion starts with you and is everyone’s responsibility – not an afterthought.
The day at E4 Santa Clara was packed full of education and training opportunities as well, and Exertis Almo reported 160 RUs were earned and awarded during the show. TWICE was able to sit in on multiple sessions, and we were impressed with the quality of the instruction and instructors as well as the depth of knowledge and insight shared by the attendees during Q&A sessions.
“It was exciting to bring it [E4] to a whole new audience,” said Craigmyle with a smile during our interview.“Being here and seeing the technology is the best experience.”
Nothing says E4 more than hot, new AV tech and the 50+ exhibitors at the expo area brought hundreds of their newest products, including InfoComm “sneak peek” products, to the AV Pros of the Santa Clara region, and we couldn’t help drooling over some of the latest products ourselves. TWICE was able to participate in a special VIP tour led by Gary Kayye the night before E4 Santa Clara opened, and we were treated to his insights into industry trends and all-new solutions. We were particularly impressed with the advances in PTZ cameras, AI imaging capabilities for Zoom and Teams calls as well as the latest in OLED and LED screens and displays.
Exertis Almo also welcomed two new exhibitors to the E4 Experience, MicroTouch, the global leader in capacitive touch solutions, and Xilica audio experts.
Other E4 Experience Santa Clara exhibitors include Absen, Atlona, Audio-Technica, AUTEL, AVER, Avocor, B-TECH, Barco, Bose Professional, BrightSign LLC, Comprehensive Connectivity Company, DJI, Epson America, Exertis Almo Services, Huddly, INFiLED, Jabra, Kramer, Legrand AV, LG Pro, Listen Technologies, Lumens Integration, Inc., MAXHUB, Mimo Monitors, NETGEAR, Nureva, Optima, Panasonic, Peerless AV, Philips, Planar Systems, Samsung CE, Samsung Pro, ScreenBeam, Sennheiser, Sharp/NEC Display Solutions, Sony, SpinetiX, tvONE, Viewsonic, VIVITEK, Yamaha UC.
Some of the newest products that were shown at the E4 Experience Santa Clara include:
- Absen: Absen Icon 3.0 all-in-one LED screens for conferencing
- Atlona: OnmiStream flexible, scalable, cost-effective AV distribution platform
- Audio-Technica: Engineered sound wireless system for simple, smart and scalable high-quality audio
- Autel Robotics: EVO 11 V3 camera drone equipped with Sony’s latest 20 megapixel 1-inch CMOS image sensor
- Avocor: AVL-1050 ultrawide collaboration displays
- B-Tech AV Mounts: System X mounts for LCD and dvLED
- Barco: ClickShare CX-50 Gen 2 wireless collaboration system
- BrightSign: XC4055 quad output 8K digital signage media player
- Christie Digital Systems: High-performance LED video walls
- Da-Lite by Legrand: Interactive Dry Erase Application (IDEA) projector screen and idea board
- Epson: 3LCD laser light projectors
- Jabra: Video and audio collaboration tools
- Kramer Electronics: MegaEdge portable power station that delivers all-day power for mobile devices
- LG: 55-inch UHD high-brightness outdoor display
- Listen Technologies: Listen TALK two-way communication systemLumens Integration, Inc.: Mini, remote-controlled box cameras
- MAXHUB: V6 ViewPro newly upgraded 48MP + 8MP dual-camera
- MicroTouch: Mach Series desktop and digital signage interactive touch displays
- Nureva: HDL 300 integrated microphone and speaker bar
- Optoma: Creative Touch interactive flat panel for classroom or business collaboration
- Panasonic: Connected classroom
- Phillips: Tableaux power free, ePaper digital signage 2023 rAVe Readers’ Choice Award nominee
- Planar: Luminate ultra outdoor fine Pitch LED
- Samsung Pro: UHD digital signage Mainstream displays
- Samsung CE: Consumer TVs
- ScreenBeam: 1100 Plus wireless presentation platform with web conferencing for content sharing
- Sennheiser: Microphone receivers and transmitters
- SpinetiX: HMP400 media player that delivers 4K at 60 fps digital signage content
- tvONE: CORIOmaster video processor for building large video display systems
- ViewSonic: LDS135-151 all-in-one direct view LED display solution kit
- Vivitek: NovoTouch presentation and collaboration management software
- Xilica: Solaro Series DSP collaboration and conferencing video processors
TWICE is continually impressed with the quality and value of the E4 Experiences, and it was great to participate and feel the energy and friendliness of the E4 Santa Clara attendees. We highly encourage Pro AV and Custom Integrators to look into attending an E4 event near you when the opportunity arises.
The fall 2023 E4 Experiences are open for registration now with shows in Teaneck, NJ on September 20 and in a new region, Phoenix, AZ on October 18.
About the Exertis Almo E4 Experience Program
Named a 2022, SCN Stellar Service Award winner and a 2022 Commercial Integrator BEST winner, the E4 Experience brings together top educators, manufacturing partners, AVIXA CTS Renewal Unit certified training, technology firsts and endless networking opportunities. Attendees can expect to learn the latest business and industry trends necessary to stay productive and gain valuable skills that can immediately be implemented.
See also: Exertis Almo Expands Managed AV Services With Acquisition Of Caddrillion