- West Coast Technology Show, March 6, Industry Hills, Calif., Pacific Palms Conference Resort;
- Mid-Atlantic Summer Technology Show, June 10, Hershey, Pa., Hershey Lodge & Convention Center;
- D&H Back-to-School Education Show, June 19 - 20, Camp Hill, Pa. (Harrisburg area), Radisson Penn Harris Hotel & Convention Center;
- D&H New England Technology Show, Aug.12, Quincy, Mass., Boston Marriott Quincy; and
- D&H Mid-Atlantic Fall Technology Show, Oct. 7, Hershey, Pa., Hershey Lodge & Convention Center.
SED Offers Rewards Program
Atlanta — SED International has introduced SED Rewards, an incentive program that lets customers who use American Express-branded SED Rewards Cards to accumulate points when purchasing CE and computer technology products. The points can be used to purchase items through more than 180 merchants, including SED, Amazon.com, 1-800-Flowers, Lowe's Home Improvement and more.
Customers can register for the program immediately; point accruals began Jan. 1, 2008.
D&H Announces Show Dates
Harrisburg, Pa. — D&H Distributing has released its 2008 events calendar, which includes five regional shows. The events are:
ALMO Adds To Ranks
Philadelphia — Appliance industry veteran Joe Dillon has joined Almo as regional field sales manager for the Southeast territory within the company's specialty appliance division. In this newly created role, Dillon will direct sales initiatives in the Southeast region, reporting to Larry Feldman, sales senior VP. "Joe brings to Almo over 18 years of experience in every channel of high-end luxury appliances," Feldman said, spanning the builder distributor, manufacturer and independent distributor channels. His background includes sales management for Viking, Dacor, Asko, Zephyr and Perlick, and a stint as sales manager of Florida Builder Appliances (FBA) after managing the company's Pompano and Tampa locations.
TAG Adds PDR Mounts
Charlottesville, Va. — The Advantage Group (TAG), a national distribution group for custom installers and systems integrators, will distribute PDR Mounts flat-panel and projector mounts throughout the United States, effective immediately. "In today's demanding business environment a mount manufacturer has to lead the industry in service to dealers," said TAG executive director David Weisman. "With 50-inch and larger panels becoming the norm, build quality and innovation is critical [and] PDR mounts has a proven track record of excelling in these areas."