ProSource’s upcoming annual Summer Conference, to be held at the La Cantera Resort and Spa in San Antonio, Texas, from August 2 – 6, 2021, features an outstanding roster of guest speakers, educational workshops, networking opportunities, working group sessions, active product demonstration rooms, entertainment, and the opportunity for members to meet with key decision-makers from ProSource vendor partners in scheduled one-on-one meetings.
“The focus of the Summer Conference is to strengthen our members’ businesses by providing strategic guidance to better understand the customer, create operational efficiencies, and develop and engage our biggest asset — our people,” said Dave Workman, CEO and president of ProSource. “The week is a stimulating mix of rich content and one-on-one conversations between members and vendors, providing actionable takeaways for each attendee. Plans are in place for some exciting new products to make their debut at the Summer Conference including Sony’s new premium HT-A9 home theatre system and flagship HT-A7000 soundbar. With best-in-class surround sound that boasts unique optimization features, these new products give anyone the ability to create immersive cinematic experiences without ever leaving their living room.”
Some of the top highlights for the Summer Conference include:
- Keynote presentation and workshop: “The Digital Customer, How Today’s Buyer Has Changed and What Your Business Must Do About It” — presented by Marcus Sheridan, a highly sought-after international keynote speaker known for his unique ability to excite, engage, and motivate audiences.
Based on his best-selling book “They Ask, You Answer,” Sheridan brings clarity to the ways buyers have changed and provides actionable steps and real-world takeaways on what companies must do to align themselves with this shift in purchasing patterns. In 2017, Forbes named Sheridan “One of 20 Speakers You Don’t Want to Miss.”
- Educational presentation: “Key Project Hand-Offs Throughout the Project Lifecycle,” with Navigate Management Consulting’s Brad Malone, MA, PMP, and Joel Harris, principal consultant.
This session is intended for owners of project-driven companies who desire to create efficiencies within their multiple, often overlapping, project environments. It focuses on the interdependencies and key hand-offs that must occur to successfully sell, implement, manage, transition, and close projects within a mature AV integration company.
- ProSource University roundtable panel: “Onboard, Develop and Engage Talent, Best Practices for Implementing a Training and Development Program.” – Discussion guides: Dante Walston, operations manager for Livewire, LLC, and Stephane Jones, director of instructional design for IntegrateU.
Attendees will hear from industry experts and panelists on implementing a professional development program within their organizations to increase productivity and profits. Walston has a background in retail management and leadership development, while Jones, in her current role with IntegrateU, creates online and in-person instructional content for ProSource University and ProSource Academy.
Additional exciting Summer Conference highlights:
- Celebration for the winners of the annual Members of the Year Awards and Vendors of the Year Awards.
- ProSource’s annual charity fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. This event will challenge 20 teams to compete against each other in race-themed games, and ProSource will make a generous $25,000 contribution on behalf of the winning team. In addition to the fun and games, ProSource and the Make-A-Wish foundation will be doing a wish reveal at the event!
For information about the ProSource Summer Convention, visit prosourceinfo.com.
See also: Enclave Audio Partners With ProSource