Nationwide Marketing Group’s PrimeTime conference and tradeshow will be held Feb. 9-12, 2020, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX, and is expected to draw thousands of Nationwide members, vendors, service providers and staff from across the United States and Canada.
As the industry’s largest networking opportunity for independent retailers and vendors in North America, this year’s PrimeTime event will make sure its member partners are “All Systems Go” for the coming year by offering world-class training, industry-leading tools, unmatched show specials and a dedicated peer network that will help skyrocket their success.
“PrimeTime is more than just a business meeting or buying show – it’s an opportunity,” said Tom Hickman, Nationwide’s president and chief member advocate in a statement. “This event gives our members access to the very best products, programs, tools and ideas to help their independent retail businesses thrive. And we do it all in just four days. But the best part of PrimeTime is the connections our members are able to make with one another in training classes, during networking gatherings and on the show floor. It’s invaluable.”
See also: Nationwide Marketing Group Announces Google Nest Prime Retail Program for Members
The show kicks off Sunday, Feb. 9, with the first of more than 100 forward-thinking educational sessions from Nationwide’s premier educational arm, the Nationwide Learning Academy. Topics include business services, digital marketing, financial services, leadership training and more. In addition, Google will present four classes through the exclusive Nationwide-Google partnership, and experts from Serta Simmons Bedding, Tempur Sealy International Inc., Englander and Spink and Co USA, will take part in a three-hour Mattress University. Plus, more than a dozen Member 2 Member Roundtables will provide hands-on collaboration to help solve some of the day’s most pressing retail problems.
The opening day’s activities will cap off with a welcome reception and give-back event Sunday evening, where attendees will once again be able to take part in a 60-minute meal-packing to support No Child Hungry.
“Nationwide Marketing Group and its members have taken a direct approach to fighting childhood hunger, and the results are amazing,” said William Lowry, president of No Child Hungry. “While making ‘Giving Back’ a commitment and a part of every meeting they hold, they have packed hundreds of thousands of meals for those in need. And just last year, this group packed its 1 millionth meal. This feat is amazing not just for the scale and number of meals packed, but because it represents kids fed. We are so proud to partner with Nationwide Marketing Group and look forward to feeding more kids here in Houston.”
See also: Melissa Stenson New Vice President of Member Experience For Nationwide Marketing Group
Monday morning kicks off with the PrimeTime General Session, which will be led by Nationwide President and Chief Member Advocate Tom Hickman. Hickman will be welcomed on stage by former NASA astronaut Mike Massimino, a veteran of two space flights and four spacewalks who was the first person to tweet from space. Massimino will deliver an inspirational story about leadership, teamwork and perseverance – complete with stunning imagery of his time aboard the Space Shuttle.
Other highlights of the event include:
- More than 250,000 square feet of tradeshow exhibition space featuring 200+ manufacturers and service providers, including a dedicated outdoor pavilion showcasing outdoor demonstrations, free food samples and exclusive discounts from leading grill and furniture vendors.
- PrimeTime Palooza, a fast-paced, high-energy, 90-minute event featuring limited-quantity deals that can save members thousands of dollars on show purchases.
- Millions of dollars in Cash Back rewards for purchases made at PrimeTime – with money reimbursed right at the show.
- The Backyard BBQ and Brews event featuring a performance by Nationwide member Grant Webb, owner of Webb’s Home Store in Emmett, Idaho, and lead singer of the Grant Webb Band.
- The WIN: Women In Nationwide breakfast and networking event, which will include a member panel featuring Victoria Alicea from Queen City Audio Video & Appliances, Kathy Genovese from Howard’s Appliance TV & Mattress, April Potter from Badcock Home Furniture & More, Renee Spresser from Paul’s Furniture and Susie Swanson from Hutchins TV & Appliance.
- Expansion of Nationwide Connected Home to include a new connected home technical support program and an interactive in-store display merchandising program, which will help members gain their share of the $490 billion connected home market. In addition, the Nationwide connected tiny home will be back on the show floor, and members will get to learn more about the new Google Nest Prime Retail Program, which gives Nationwide members exclusive independent-channel rights to sell Google Nest products, whether they offer custom installation or not.
- Exclusive access to PrimeTime-special discounts on digital rewards, including co-op-eligible campaigns, to help members better compete in today’s retail world.
- Targeted merchandising sessions for members focused on major appliances, consumer electronics, and furniture and bedding.
- Networking opportunities for several specialty groups within Nationwide, including Nationwide RentDirect, Home Technology Specialists Nationwide (HTSN), Nationwide’s NextGen young professionals’ organization and Nationwide’s servicing dealer network.
- The second AT&T Champions training, a two-day, all-inclusive bootcamp available only to Nationwide Marketing Group members that gives front-line salespeople all the training and tools they need to launch successful AT&T programs in their home stores.
To learn more, visit www.nationwideprimetime.com/.
See also: Jerry Honea Announces Retirement From Nationwide Marketing Group