The Young Professionals (YP) organization, created by AVB to serve as a breeding ground for future leaders in the appliance, CE, furniture and bedding industries, will launch its next YP University session Nov. 5-7 in New Orleans, LA.
YP members in attendance will be party to three days of training sessions and expert presentations, in addition to opportunities to enjoy the sights, sounds and cuisines of New Orleans.
Educational opportunities include:
- Jenny Rice, AVB HR head, presenting on HR best practices.
- Grant Hancock, BrandSource Merchandising Director, will share industry trends and consumer insights to help YP members develop effective merchandising strategies.
- Linda Schwefel, Managing Partner of Discoveryourself.com, will present ways to improve one’s personal and professional communications skills while increasing self-awareness.
- Eric Hunter, AVB E-Commerce & Catalog Director, will speak on the online revolution and the importance of branding.
- Sarah House, Wells Fargo Senior Economist, will present an economic overview.
- Jason Dorsey, generational expert and past Summit keynoter will present on fast-tracking one’s career and success.
- Laura Dake, Senior Product Manager, with give a deep dive into LINQ.
- Jennifer Crowley, Director of Client Services, will address attendees on the latest in Google trends and tools.
- Alisha Starelli, Digital Strategy Marketing Manager, will “connect the dots” from digital advertising to website behavior.
The under-40 Young Professionals organization is set to steer AVB through its second half-century, based on its mix of young, highly motivated dealers, sales representatives, buyers, sales managers and vendor partners, all looking to share new ideas and grow their businesses.
For more information, visit avbevents.com.