Seattle – The Friday before Black Friday has become the new Black Friday.
Two days after Walmart announced plans to begin its holiday sales on Nov. 21, Amazon.com has also moved up its promotional timetable.
Beginning tomorrow, the e-tailer will launch an eight-day series of Black Friday specials, with new deals added as often as every 10 minutes.
Sales will include up to 45 percent off select Samsung TVs, including a 40-inch 4K/UHD model for $598, a 55-inch 4K/UHD set for $899 and the vendor’s 55-inch curved 4K/UHD set for $1,298.
Amazon’s Samsung deals mirror competitors’ offers, indicating MAP-controlled promotions. Specifically, Walmart has already begun a 30-percent-off Samsung A/V sale online; the $899 display is a Best Buy lead doorbuster; and both Walmart and Best Buy will offer the curved Samsung model at the same price point.
Other Amazon CE deals will include a 50-inch Toshiba LED TV for $199; a 55-inch Vizio smart LED TV for $478; and a 65-inch LG LED TV for $648.
In mobile, deals will include the flagship LG G3 and HTC One M8 smartphones for a penny each with two-year contracts. (Other CE sale items are listed below.)
In addition, Prime membership customers will receive a 30-minute head start on select, limited-time “lightning” deals.
In a statement, Amazon worldwide marketing VP Steve Shure positioned the e-commerce site as the remedy to holiday disruptions caused by Thanksgiving Day store openings.
“Our customers are redefining Black Friday shopping. They want to stay home with family, enjoy some turkey and football and shop the hottest deals from their phone, tablet or PC,” he said.
In other company news, a consumer-facing link has emerged between the e-tailer and The Washington Post, purchased earlier this year by Amazon founder/CEO Jeff Bezos. The newspaper released today an all-new mobile app exclusively for Amazon Fire tablet customers offering free and unlimited access to its content for six months.
Amazon said the app will be made available as part of a free over-the-air software update for Fire tablets, including Fire HDX, Fire HD and Kindle Fire HD.
The following are examples of some of the CE “doorbuster” deals that will variously be available on Amazon between Nov. 21 and the “real” Black Friday (Nov. 28):
- – Up to 45 percent off select Samsung TVs including a 40-inch smart LED 4K Ultra HD TV for $598; 55-inch curved smart LED 4K Ultra HD TV for $1,298
- – 32-inch LED TV, $79
- – 40-inch 1080p LED TV, $119
- – Toshiba 50-inch LED TV, $199
- – Vizio 55-inch smart LED TV, $478
- – LG 65-inch 120 Hz LED TV, $648
- – Samsung 55-inch smart LED 4K Ultra HD TV, $899
- – Up to 20 percent savings on Intel-powered laptops and two-in-ones
- – LG G3 and HTC One M8 smartphones for 1 cent with a new two-year contract
- – Top-selling DSLR with two-lenses for under $500
- – Select Beats Studio over-ear headphones, $199.99
- – Xbox One console at the lowest price ever from Amazon, plus over $150 value in digital content
- – Roku LT streaming-media player, $28
- – Panasonic smart 3D Blu-ray player, $35
- – Plantronics Bluetooth headset, $19.99