Panasonic has expanded its partnership with Almo, agreeing to sell its consumer electronics products through the independent distributor exclusively in five more states — Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi and Arkansas — bringing the total to 27 states.
“In March of 2006, we chose to focus on our core competencies of manufacturing and branding excellence, and allowed our dealers to benefit from Almo’s core competency — distribution excellence,” said Ed Wolff, Panasonic’s distribution sales VP.
According to Almo, dealers in these newly added states will have Panasonic products available to them through its southern region distribution center which will provide one- or two-day shipping service. The company says that dealers in this region can now benefit from an extensive dealer benefits package called the Almo Advantage which includes:
- regional warehouse locations;
- rapid delivery nationwide;
- same-day order processing and shipping;
- drop-ship capabilities;
- extended floor plan terms up to six months;
- online specs, inventory, pricing and ordering; and
- a dedicated, experienced sales representative.