Atlanta — Sony Mobile and Verizon Wireless announced that the Xperia Z2 tablet will be available in the U.S. as an exclusive to Verizon Wireless, offering consumers a premium Android 4G LTE connected tablet.
Verizon customers can pre-order for the Xperia Z2 tablet beginning July 10, at VerizonWireless.com.
The tablet is 0.25 inches thick and weighs less than a pound, and is designed with a display that is scratch resistant and a body that is waterproof, Sony said.
The company said the 6,000 mAh battery plus Stamina Mode provides up to 10 hours of multimedia use.
It has a 10.1 FullHD Triluminos screen for mobile display with Live Color LED technology, and employs Sony’s Front Surround audio technology.
With the purchase of an Xperia Z2 tablet, Verizon Wireless customers will have access to an exclusive entertainment offer. The bundle gives Xperia Z2 tablet owners six blockbuster movies, an exclusive early-access pass to “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” when it becomes available for digital download, and 90 days of free music streaming through Sony’s Music Unlimited.
For a broader gaming experience, the device comes preloaded with the PlayStation App, which offers PlayStation 4 integration, second-screen gaming experiences, on-the-go access to the PlayStation store to buy games and push them to a PS4, and access to the PlayStation Network.
Accessories will also be available from Verizon Wireless to complement the Xperia Z2 tablet, such as:
- SCR12 Style cover stand
- BSC10 Bluetooth speaker with magnetic charging pad
- SRS-X3 portable Bluetooth speaker
- CPF-10L portable power supply
- DK39 magnetic charging dock
- SmartWatch2 Pro
- SmartBand to automatically log movements, communication, entertainment and bookmark special moments to watch on the Lifelog app
Customers who pre-order the device will receive a MDR-NC31EM noise- canceling headset for free, while supplies last. The Xperia Z2 tablet is expected to be available nationwide at Verizon Wireless retail stores, select national retailers and dealers, and online beginning July 17.
- DEG Honors Dolby, Sony And Warner At Annual CES Awards Event - January 11, 2019
- LG’s CES Keynote: AI Is ‘Opportunity Of Our Lifetime’ - January 9, 2019
- Memories Of Our Friend John - April 12, 2018