Editor’s Note: The Apple experts at our sister site Tom’s Guide attended the ‘Time Flies’ Apple event held on September 15, 2020. The following is an excerpt from their coverage article.
Apple’s ‘Time Flies’ Sept. 15 event is in the books, revealing what’s next for the iPad and Apple Watch. The event was spearheaded by the Apple Watch 6, which delivers an improved display and blood oxygen monitoring, as well as the iPad Air 4, which brings big A14 power and a totally revamped design to the thin tablet series.
But there’s much more than that for Apple fans to look forward to, including the affordable Apple Watch SE and the long-awaited iPad 8. Here’s everything you missed from the Apple event:
Biggest Apple event announcements
- Apple Watch 6: The new flagship Apple watch delivers blood oxygen monitoring, an improved display and tons of new color and band options for $399.
- Apple Watch SE: Starting at just $279, this affordable Apple Watch promises twice the power of the Apple Watch 3. Check out our Apple Watch 6 vs Apple Watch SE comparison to see how the two stack up.
- iPad Air 4: Apple’s most advanced iPad Air yet, this tablet offers blazing A14 speeds and a seamless Liquid Retina display with fun color options for $599.
- iPad 8: The newest version of Apple’s most popular tablet just got even more powerful thanks to its new A12 processor. Read our iPad 8 vs. iPad Air 4 comparison to see how the two tablets compare.
- Apple Fitness Plus: This new fitness service allows you to enjoy a variety of workouts on any screen and see real-time metrics via your Apple Watch starting at $10 per month.
- Apple One: This subscription package bundles together Apple services such as Apple Arcade, Apple TV Plus, Apple Music and iCloud starting at $15 per month.
- What about the iPhone 12? Apple didn’t show off any new phones at this event — that’ll be happening at a separate showcase in October. But iPhone owners can look forward to iOS 14 releasing tomorrow, as well as iPadOS 14, tvOS 14 and watchOS 7.
This article originally ran on tomsguide.com.
- Flip Phones Are Making A Comeback — Here’s Why - January 25, 2023
- Talking Points: 5 Pros — And 5 cons — Of Cooking With An Air Fryer - January 23, 2023
- Apple Glasses Delayed ‘Indefinitely’ — But A Cheaper VR/AR Headset Could Be Coming - January 19, 2023