Hisense is returning as a NASCAR sponsor this year as title sponsor of this year’s Xfinity Series Hisense 300 race in Charlotte, N.C., and as primary sponsor of the Joe Gibbs Racing team’s Toyota Camry in select races.
Hisense will be the car’s primary sponsor in six races, up from last year’s two. Last year, the company was title sponsor of two Xfinity races.
On the weekends in which the Hisense Camry hits the track, the company will sponsor a #HisenseGiveaway contest on Twitter. Entries begin on the day before the race and conclude on the Monday morning after the race. Fans enter by following @Hisense_USA and using #HisenseGiveaway in as many tweets as they want. The more tweets sent, the more chances of winning, Hisense said.
Winners will be chosen at random using tweet-tracking software and a random number generator.
Hisense will give away three TVs throughout each race and, on the Monday following the race, a 60- to -70-inch TV as the grand prize.
For the races, Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin will drive the No. 18 Hisense car in the Hisense 300, and Erik Jones will drive in five Xfinity races in the No. 20 Hisense car.
Hisense will be the car’s primary sponsor in these races:
- Saturday 2/27 – Heads Up Georgia 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (driver Erik Jones)
- Saturday 4/23 – Toyotacare 250 at Richmond International Raceway (Erik Jones)
- Saturday 5/28 – Hisense 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (driver Denny Hamlin)
- Saturday 7/23 – Lilly Diabetes 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Erik Jones)
- Saturday 9/17 – NASCAR Xfinity Chicagoland Race at Chicagoland Speedway (Erik Jones)
- Saturday 11/12 – NASCAR Xfinity Series November Phoenix Race at Phoenix International Raceway (Erik Jones)
The car will wear the Hisense colors and logos, and the car’s race team will wear jumpsuits in Hisense colors and logos. Although there will be other car sponsors, Hisense will stand out as the primary sponsor, a spokesperson said.
Hisense also markets the Sharp TV brand in North America.