Frigidaire/Electrolux has responded to the challenging economic climate, which has seen more families freezing prepared meals, leftovers and sale items, by introducing a new line of upright freezers that combine convenience and style, the company said.
Features of the multi-SKU platform include:
- precision set controls and alarm on the exterior of the front door that provide digital temperature readouts as well as alarm settings for power loss and door ajar situations so food safety can be determined at a glance;
- a “soft freeze zone” bin that remains warmer than the freezer interior for convenient storage of soft-freeze items such as ice cream, and also helps guard against ice crystals;
- a pizza shelf for storing and easily accessing several pizzas, while leaving room for the storage shelf/area below;
- adjustable snap-on bookend shelf organizers that maximize storage area by stowing frozen, boxed foods upright and within reach; and
- fully extendable sliding baskets that remain firmly attached to the inner cabinet via secured guides.
Select models also feature louvered ports for multidirectional airflow throughout the interior, while Frigidaire is also offering a convertible freezer/refrigerator with glass shelves and reversible door.
“The new Gallery Series uprights answer the consumer need for organization, while being the appliance that hosts will want to show off during a dinner party,” said Marty O’Gorman, Fridigaire’s freezer VP and general manager. “The new upright freezers … maximize storage and make food easy to see at a glance, while also exhibiting elegance with [a] new curved-door design.”
Consumers can also choose between a textured or smooth finish, and can access a freezer buying guide that has been posted at www.frigidaire.com.
Suggested retails range from $399 to $799, the manufacturer said.