LAS VEGAS —
Dolby will unveil a new generation of PC-based audio technology at International CES.
These introductions are on top of the company’s traditional sound and audio optimization technologies already found on PCs.
Dolby said the following improvements will be found on PCs in 2011:
• Volume Leveler allows for volume control across content sources
• Volume Maximizer boosts the level of the audio to provide maximum loudness over the power-limited speakers typically found in PCs
• Intelligent Equalizer
• Dialog Enhancer detects dialog in the audio mix and processes it to increase intelligibility while reducing interfering background sounds
• Audio Optimizer compensates for anomalies in the frequency response of the speakers to improve playback
• Audio Regulator compensates for lowquality speakers to provide louder playback with no distortion during audio reproduction.