Created by several top manufacturers to raise awareness among homeowners, manufacturers, and dealers, Smart Home Day celebrates the devices and appliances that help us manage our busy lives and homes.
Some useful 2019 smart home statistics from the report include:
- 43% of smart home technology users are 18-34 years old.
- The average monthly savings from using smart home products is $98.30, which adds up to an average of $1,179.60 per year.
- 81% of smart home users said they would be more apt to purchase a home that had connected technology.
- The U.S. is the largest consumer of smart home technology with a market volume of $23.5 billion in 2019 (followed by China with $12.9 billion and Japan with $4.19 billion).
- Revenue in the Smart Home market amounts to US$23.5 billion in 2019 (up 15.4% from 2018).
- The most popular products in 2019 are video entertainment (43%) followed by smart speakers (17.3%) and home monitoring and security (16.8%) while lighting and thermostat were lower on the list with 6.8% and 2.3% respectively.
- In 2017, 80% of broadband households with 10 or more smart home devices have professionally monitored security.
- In 2017, 66% of broadband households had interactive services attached to their security system.
How can homeowners celebrate? Safesmartliving.com recommendations include using smart home technology to turn the lights on earlier and reset the clocks automatically. You can also tell your smart speaker, “Hey Google, remind me to check my smoke detector batteries” or “Alexa, order me a new air filter” as daylight savings is an ideal time to make sure both of these are working and up to date.
Read the full report at safesmartliving.com.