Montgomeryville, Pa. - Philadelphia-area A/V specialist World Wide Stereo touted its 12-volt talents at a recent invitation-only showcase at a local Porsche dealer.
The event, held at the Porsche of Conshohocken showroom, served to introduce the automaker's latest 911 sports car and drew more than 300 Porsche enthusiasts.
Also on hand was World Wide Stereo founder Bob Cole and his award- winning 2007 custom Porsche Targa 4s, which was recently upgraded with a $50,000 sound system.
"We are thrilled that World Wide Stereo has been invited to be part of the only East Coast launch of the new 911," said Cole. "Not only has Porsche unveiled a dynamic and high-performance Porsche with a rich history, they have allowed our car audio team to unlock the possibilities of this celebrated brand to make it rock."
Audio enhancements to Cole's Targa 4s include:
- Alpine's flagship INA-W910 in-dash double-DIN receiver with full audio, video and navigation;
- McIntosh's MCC302 and MCC301M super-premium 2 channel and mono subwoofer amplifiers;
- Dynaudio's System 362 three-way loudspeakers;
- JL Audio's 8-inch W3v3 subwoofers concealed behind OEM rear seat panels;
- Monster Cable audiophile-grade RCA and speaker wire;
- Escort's 9500CI Passport radar detector and laser diffuser system;
- More than 100 square feet of Dynamat soundproofing and more than 30 square feet of panel insulating Dynaliner.