Bentonville, Ark. — Wal-Mart announced today its attempt to “[move] the traditional ‘Black Friday’ shopping event up one day early, aiming to catch early-bird shoppers as the turkey hits the table.”
According to a release, the world’s largest retailer is planning to give online shoppers a head start on their holiday shopping this Thursday by offering online specials on certain electronics, toys, apparel and home products with free shipping through its Ship to Store program.
Products to be offered as part of Wal-Mart’s Web-only Thanksgiving Day specials are said to include:
- a Motorola H670 Bluetooth Earset ($24.87);
- a Zune 30GB MP3 video player ($98.87); and
- a Garmin Nuvi 650 Portable GPS system ($298.87)
Also on Thursday, the retailer said it will list online its “Secret In-Store Specials” for Friday. These savings will be available in stores the next day, but according to Wal-Mart, will not have been listed in the circular.
The retailer noted in its release a few of the products to be highlighted in its Black Friday circular including:
- a 32-inch Polaroid LCD HDTV ($448);
- a 42-inch Polaroid LCD HDTV ($798);
- a 7.2-megapixel Sony Cyber-shot Camera ($79.87); and
- a Garmin Street Pilot c330 GPS ($128.88)
Finally, the retailer is also attempting to bring shoppers back into stores throughout the holiday weekend with an extra set of “Secret In-Store Specials” for Saturday and Sunday that will be revealed online on Friday.