Bentonville, Ark. — In a return to its holiday season promotional stance, Wal-Mart has cut prices on a wide range of products including consumer electronics to help spur Super Bowl-related sales.
The world’s largest merchant said it has rolled back retails 10 percent to 30 percent on thousands of items including CE, snacks, food and sundries, and is offering 18-month no-interest terms on purchases of $250 or more that are made with a Wal-Mart private-label credit card.
“We all know economic times are tough so our plan is to help with added savings throughout the year, focusing especially on what people want, when they need it,” said John Fleming, Wal-Mart’s chief merchandising officer. “Shoppers are depending on us to deliver the best price so they can stick to their plans, no matter what the economy throws at us.”
CE specials include:
- an RCA-branded home theater system for $98.96;
- a flat-panel TV stand for $98.88 or motion wall mount for $99.86;
- a Vizio 32-inch LCD TV for $597; a 46-inch 1080p Vizio LCD for $1,346; and Vizio’s 50-inch 720p plasma for $1,197;
- an RCA or Polaroid 32-inch LCD TV/DVD combo for $683; and
- a $498 Acer Aspire laptop or Hewlett-Packard desktop bundle for $698.
In addition, Wal-Mart is including a $100 gift card with purchases of a Philips 42-inch 1080p LCD TV, which carries a $1,296 price point.