New York -
product team revealed here Wednesday a handful of new LCD TV models and holiday promotional prices aimed at maintaining the brand's competitive surge during the critical fourth quarter.
The company's CEO and founder William Wang, who was traveling in Asia this week, announced over there that Vizio expects to sell 6 million TVs in North America in 2009, and has set a goal of selling 10 million units in 2010.
Market research firm iSuppli recently ranked Vizio No. 2 in U.S. LCD TV shipment market share for the third quarter of 2009, and No. 1 in cumulative North American LCD TV shipments for the full year as of the end of September.
According to iSuppli, Vizio has shipped 4.075 million LCD TV units into the U.S. at the start of the fourth quarter, followed by Samsung with 3.894 million, Sony with 2.362 million, LG with 1.739 million and Toshiba with 1.686 million.
Vizio's third quarter LCD TV shipmentsgrew 87 percent from 658,997 in the third quarter of 2008, to 1,234,667 in Q3 2009, iSuppli reported.
To help boost holiday sales,Vizio revealed the following specials running on or around Black Friday at select dealer partners:
* The VBR-110 BD-Live-ready Blu-ray Disc player is being offered at $40 off through Costco and Costco.com for $99.99, starting Nov. 27 and running through Nov. 29, while supplies last.
* The VSB210WS sound bar with wireless subwoofer will be on sale for $199 ($50 off the previous sale price and $150 off the regular selling price) at Costco from Nov. 27-29, while supplies last.
* The VA19 19-inch 720p LCD TV will be on sale for $178 ($30 off the regular selling price) at Walmart now through the end of the year.
* The VA26L 26-inch LCD TV will be on sale for $248 ($100 off the regular selling price) at Walmart, from Nov. 21-27, while supplies last.
* The VO320E 32-inch 720p LCD TV will be on sale for $339 ($50 off the regular selling price) at Sam's Club, SamsClub.com, Costco and Costco.com, now through the Nov. 29, while supplies last.
* The VL320M 32-inch 1080p LCD TV will be on sale for $399 ($50 off the regular selling price) at Costco, Nov. 27-29, while supplies last.
* The VF550M 55-inch CCFL-backlit 1080p 120Hz LCD TV ($300 off the regular selling price) will be on sale for $1,199 from Costco and Costco.com between Nov. 27-29, while supplies last.
* Vizio is also launching its first 40-inch 1080p LCD TV with a special offer from Costco for $599 ($100 off the regular selling price), from Dec. 3-20.