New York - Since April 1 several major retailers and manufacturers have made significant management changes within their operations.
Here is the latest batch, the first group being retail related and the second from the manufacture side.
- Ray Brown, electronics VP/general manager of Sears, has been named marketing VP of retail, replacing Jeffrey Haines, who was named VP of strategic marketing and merchandising integration. A Sears spokesperson added that Brown will continue to be responsible for Sears' electronics business until a replacement has been named.
- In a continuing change in Best Buy's management structure, Lee Simonson has been named business team leader for Picture, which includes TVs. Chris Koller has the same responsibilities for Source, which includes DVD, DBS, PVRs and digital cable, and John Maskell, business team leader for Sound, which covers audio. Lisa Carlson, former projection TV senior buyer, moves to camcorders. Replacing Carlson is Alan Halvorson, who was the 27-inch and under TV buyer.
- Philo Pappas, formerly senior VP/merchandising for Staples, has joined Tweeter Home Entertainment Group as senior VP/chief merchandising officer, a new position reporting directly to CEO Jeff Stone.
- James Gist has joined AVAD, the 11-member distributor group, as national sales manager, a new position.
- Andy Regan, former Meridian America sales VP, named director of sales and marketing for custom installer Audio Advisors of West Palm Beach, Fla.
And from the manufacturers:
- JVC Company of America made a series of appointments in its Marketing Division. Karl Bearnarth, who continues as Consumer Audio Division VP, is now VP of the new Corporate Product Strategy Department, which is part of the division. Chad Vogelsong, formerly national product and marketing manager for the Mobile Entertainment Division, has been named national manager of the new department. Rob Payesko, former merchandising manager for the Consumer Video Division, was named GM of the new Retail Merchandising Department. Steve Howcott, ex-East Coast branch sales manager, has been named Consumer Audio Division GM. John G. Seiersen, former regional sales manager for the East Coast branch, has been named East Coast branch sales manager.
- Russ Johnston, previously senior VP of marketing and strategic planning for Pioneer Automotive Electronic Sales, named senior marketing VP at Pioneer's Home Entertainment Division. Johnston replaces Craig McManis, who becomes Home Entertainment Division's sales VP for national accounts and industrial display VP.
- John Arce, ex-Yamaha, M&K Sound exec, joins Onkyo as sales director.
- Yusuke Kojima was hired by Kodak to be general manager of the company's consumer digital camera business, reporting to Willy Shih, president of Kodak's Digital & Applied Imaging business.
- Victor J. Moorhatch , national sales manager of Atlantic Technology, promoted to sales and training director.
- Julia Uribe, formerly president of the National Kitchen & Bath Assn.'s Northern California chapter, has joined Marvel Industries as marketing manager.
- David W. Huffman, ex-audio products VP for Sonicblue, joins Oregon Scientific as product marketing VP North America.
- Ted Fox named executive director of the Photo Marketing Association in the wake of the retirement of Roy S. Pung, who stepped down following 38 years of service.
- Karen Richardson, ex-U.S. sales VP for Bryston and PMC, named Genelec national sales manager for home theater. Stuart Perriam, formerly senior product manager with Recoton's Jensen, named to head new accessories division at Schneider U.K.
- James Burton Shaw II was promoted from executive VP to president of Warrantech's consumer products division.