Alviso, Calif. - TiVo will launch Sunday a new entry-level TiVo Premiere DVR with 65 percent more recording capacity than the previous version.
TiVo said the new 500GB Premiere DVR will hold up to 75 hours of HD content. The introduction also marks the beginning of a pricing structure that is being applied across all TiVo products.
The TiVo product line is the following:
- TiVo Premiere $149: records two shows at once and up to 75 hours of HD content
- TiVo Premiere XL $249 (reduced $50): records two shows at once and up to 150 hours of HD content
- TiVo Premiere Elite $399 (reduced $100): records four shows at once and up to 300 hours of HD content
TiVo said no pricing change will be imposed for non-Premiere legacy boxes.
"We now live in a world where HD entertainment is the standard, and there is more demand than ever to provide customers with additional recording space," stated Doug Bieter, TiVo retail sales VP. "By enhancing the TiVo Premiere, we've also responded to customers' requests for upgraded memory and introduced a new TiVo monthly service fee structure that is highly competitive with most cable DVR pricing. It is now easier than ever to get the greatest at-home entertainment experience available on the market today."
TiVo also introduced new monthly pricing fees for user interface and DVR recording service on all TiVo DVRs:
- The TiVo monthly service fee is now $14.99 per month, with a one-year commitment, making it lower on a monthly basis than most cable offerings.
- Multi-service discount pricing is now $12.99 per month.
Monthly service fees now run $12.95 per month ($9.95 per month for multi-service discount pricing).
Product lifetime service is also available at the same one-time fee of $499 or $399 for customers with multiple TiVo DVRs.
TiVo Premiere, Premiere XL, and Premiere Elite users will have access to an on-demand library from services including: Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, Pandora and others.
The 500GB TiVo Premiere TiVo can be purchased nationwide at retail stores, including Best Buy, or directly from TiVo by calling (877) BUY-TIVO - (877) 289-8486 - or visiting