Commack, N.Y. — Tamron USA said Thursday that it will hold photography seminars at 30 authorized retailers across the country in 2013.
Tamron’s how-to seminars will cover six key topics:
• seeing in black-and-white photography;
• landscape, nature and travel photography;
• kids sports photography;
• family, friends and kids informal portrait photography;
• formal portrait and lighting photography; and
• Close-up and macro photography.
Attendees will be given an opportunity to go behind the lens and learn a variety of useful photographic tips and insights to improve their picture-taking abilities with a DSLR camera.
The topics discussed during the seminar include understanding light, point of view, composition, and knowing your lens in order to shoot the types of pictures the DSLR user desires.
Attendees can register for the seminars at Tamron-USA.com/Events.
Dates and locations continue to be added, and include the following so far:
April 11: Family, Friends & Kids Informal Portraits Photography Seminar (Metairie, La.)
April 19: Kids Sports Photography Seminar (Kenmore, Wash.)
April 23: Family, Friends & Kids Informal Portraits Photography Seminar (Charlotte, N.C.)
May 4: Kids Sports Photography Seminar (Hartford, Conn.)
May 10: Landscape, Nature & Travel Photography Seminar (Rockford, Ill.)
May 16: Landscape, Nature & Travel Photography Seminar (Glen Mills, Pa.)
May 17: Landscape, Nature & Travel Photography Seminar (Lansdale, Pa.)
May 17: Formal Portrait & Lighting Photography Seminar (Lakewood, Wash.)
June 1: Kids Sports Photography Seminar (Louisville, Ky.)
June 7: Close Up & Macro Photography Seminar (Oshkosh, Wis.)
Jun 14: Seeing in Black & White Photography Seminar (Nashville, Tenn.)
June 14: Kids Sports Photography Seminar (Brookfield, Wis.)
June 15: Landscape, Nature & Travel Photography Seminar (Nashville, Tenn.)
June 21: Kids Sports Photography Seminar (Orlando, Fla.)
June 21: Landscape, Nature & Travel Photography Seminar (St. Louis)
July 27: Kids Sports Photography Seminar (Pontiac, Mich.)
Instructors are to include:
- Jeff Allen, from Tamron’s technical team, who will cover choosing the right equipment;
- Jillian Bell, from Tamron’s technical team, who will cover choosing the right equipment, and inspiring photographic skills;
- Andre Costantini, a freelance photographer and artist based in New York City, who will cover photography and lighting at professional schools and consumer trade shows;
- Ken Hubbard, Tamron’s field services manager, who will teach enthusiasts how to take better photos; and
- Rob Moody, a member of the Tamron technical team, with a strong background in the SLR market.
The 2013 Educational Series offers opportunities to travel to the nation’s most awe-inspiring state parks, partaking Photoshop live training, college campus tours and traditional how-to photo seminars.
With more than 80 dates planned across the country, interested photographers have the opportunity to experience learning workshops and gain insight into becoming a better photographer.